Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Community Manager
Post 1 of 203

Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Catch Up channels.jpgBox Sets & Catch Up TV: The Difference

It's very easy to mix up Catch Up TV and Box Sets. Check out our new blog Box Sets & Catch Up TV: The Difference to find out more.

On Demand expiry & deletion dates 

"Each month Sky Box Sets are updated, some are added some are removed. This means that Box Sets have an expiry date." Read more...

Issues with TV On Demand Content

If you are experiencing an issue with a particular show or programme when using On Demand please post a reply outlining the details below:

• Title of the show 
  • Series and episode number
  • Channel 
  • Box Sets ot Catch Up TV?
  • Your Sky Box type (e.g. Sky+ or Sky Q)
  • Screenshots 

These will help the relevant departments isolate and identify the issue faster.

Please be aware that:

• All content has an expiry date, so it's worth checking to see if the content has actually expired 
  • Once passed on, the reports submitted through this thread will be moved. You can still access the contents here.

How do we action your reports?

The reports are forwarded to the relevant departments and resolved as soon as possible

Thanks!

Kei
Community Manager

All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 203

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Getting fed up with the episodes of content being mixed up or missing. 

Trying to watch the handmaid's tale finale and it's playing previous episode!

Last week we were watching shades of blue series 2 and watched the finale instead of episode 9. we watched them all but it was completely missing. So watched all in wrong order. Frustrating!!

Please fix this!! 

Director of Photography
Post 3 of 203

@Slr10 wrote:

Getting fed up with the episodes of content being mixed up or missing. 

Trying to watch the handmaid's tale finale and it's playing previous episode!

Last week we were watching shades of blue series 2 and watched the finale instead of episode 9. we watched them all but it was completely missing. So watched all in wrong order. Frustrating!!

Please fix this!! 

Shades of Blue season 2 has been fixed. You must have downloaded it before it was fixed. As for The handmaid's Tale, S02E13 is not the correct episode.

I have confirmed both of these.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 4 of 203

Hi 

House MD has disappeared from the box sets

searching through main menu only shows a few random episodes from a few series

Oracle
Post 5 of 203

That is correct @Gary+F72 as the rights Sky Atlantic had to show House via Sky Boxsets ran out a few days ago (29 August) as you can see here

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Director of Photography
Post 6 of 203

@Gary+F72 wrote:

Hi 

House MD has disappeared from the box sets

searching through main menu only shows a few random episodes from a few series

Keep an eye out in the Entertainment forum as that;s where the list of new or returing box sets is posted. That way you'll get the maximum time avaulable to watch before they expire.

Also, you'll need to learn about expiry dates so you don't have anything else expire without you knowing about it. Please read the following blog post and replies tolearn about expiry dates.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-find-an-expiry-date/ba-p/2813713

Researcher
Post 7 of 203

I have had it up to wherever with the disservice we get from sky, Midsommer Murders all back to front,  Intermittent loading of Outlander, deeply annoying 48 hr view window on the now, extremely slow downloading) is it watching kettle boil syndrome), Not rhetorical. And why should we have to organise our own complaints? For good grief, I cry in my own personal wilderness.

Definitely reconsidering my vastly expensive subsription

Says Horrid

Director of Photography
Post 8 of 203

@Horrid wrote:

I have had it up to wherever with the disservice we get from sky, Midsommer Murders all back to front,  Intermittent loading of Outlander, deeply annoying 48 hr view window on the now, extremely slow downloading) is it watching kettle boil syndrome), Not rhetorical. And why should we have to organise our own complaints? For good grief, I cry in my own personal wilderness.

Definitely reconsidering my vastly expensive subsription

Says Horrid

Could you please speak in plain English exactly what issues you are having without the disjointed ranting? Thanks,

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 203

Dragons' Den from last night hasn't been uploaded in HD for some reason?

Runner
Post 10 of 203

I find sky box sets/catch up very infuriating. It doesnt keep track of which episode you've watched if you go between devices. I like to watch episodes on tv (which does show which episodes have been watched), but if i then watch one on my mobile (iPhone) i have to try to work out which episode i watched on the tv, and when i go back to the TV it doesnt know which episodes i;ve watched on iPhone. Surely a fairly simple enhancement.

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 203

@PhilS83 wrote:

I find sky box sets/catch up very infuriating. It doesnt keep track of which episode you've watched if you go between devices. I like to watch episodes on tv (which does show which episodes have been watched), but if i then watch one on my mobile (iPhone) i have to try to work out which episode i watched on the tv, and when i go back to the TV it doesnt know which episodes i;ve watched on iPhone. Surely a fairly simple enhancement.

Watch this space Smiley Wink

Runner
Post 12 of 203

Great. but it should be considered a bugfix, not an exciting new feature Smiley Wink

Director of Photography
Post 13 of 203

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Dragons' Den from last night hasn't been uploaded in HD for some reason?

That's not as bad as none of Krypton is in HD on Catch Up.

Executive Producer
Post 14 of 203

@PhilS83 wrote:

It is an interesting point, and something I often come across personally. I guess the top and bottom of it is that people nowadays are used to Netflix, Amazon prime etc - services that tell you what you've watched, what's next, where you were in a particular episode if you only watched some of it etc. Whilst Sky, in terms of the actual main boxes is improving all the time (all be it far too slowly for some people), it seems stuck in the dark ages in this respect. Whereas before it would have been a case of two different platforms in terms of completely different delivery methods, and what is on one isn't necessarily going to be on the other, there has been a blurring of the lines with the advent of on demand etc

I think that Sky in areas like this are playing catch up now, rather than being market leaders - to a large extent because an awful lot of customers don't just have one supplier of pay TV any more, and are becoming ever more demanding in terms of what features they expect to see.

Executive Producer
Post 15 of 203

Would be nice if ITV uploaded yesterday's X Factor sometime this week Smiley Indifferent

Recommended Threads
25-08-2018 08:11 PM
23-10-2018 08:11 AM
Friday 07:52 PM
3 weeks ago 09:07 PM
28-06-2018 09:02 AM