Fibre Engineer No Show, Now Told To Wait Another Three Weeks For An Appointment

Runner
Post 1 of 8

Fibre Engineer No Show, Now Told To Wait Another Three Weeks For An Appointment

Hello,

I ordered Sky Fibre Unlimited for my new flat somewhere in the region of three weeks ago and my order was accepted on the 28th with an installation date booked for the 12th (yesterday).

I paid over £70 to DAS Technologies for the installation and took yesterday off work unpaid to wait in for the engineer. He didn't show up. I called Sky twice last night and was told that the engineer was likely to be running late. He never showed up, he never called to say he was at the cabinet - nothing.

I've just phoned up Sky this morning and been told that there was some inexplicable problem and that the next available engineer visit date will be October 3rd. I was told that it is not possible to book an expedited appointment, despite having seen threads on this forum where others have had their missed engineer appointments expedited.

This is all unacceptable. I have been without internet for three weeks already and I'm already being billed for Sky Talk line rental which I didn't even want but obviously had to take.

I'm making this post because I now have to leave for work and can't spend all morning on the phone. Could someone at Sky please look into this for me as soon as possible? I depend on the internet both for work and for study. Every day without internet is another day paying through the nose for BT Openzone minutes.

Thanks, I'll check back in later.

David

Could someone please ring me on my mobile number as I am not at home now. Thanks.

All Replies
Retired Staff Member
Post 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Engineer No Show, Now Told To Wait Another Three Weeks For An Appointment

Hi dsilver,

I'm afraid we no longer have the option to expedite jobs anymore. This process was stopped a while ago.

We can only offer the first available date if we have to re-book the job with no way of bringing it forward now.

I'm sorry I could not provide a more positive response to this.

Thanks

Runner
Post 3 of 8

Re: Fibre Engineer No Show, Now Told To Wait Another Three Weeks For An Appointment

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me why I am expected to book a second job from scratch and join the very back of the queue?
 As far as I'm concerned my appointment yesterday still stands and is running late.

What is the explanation? Going on what I've read online the most likely is that the engineer over-ran on a job and didn't have time to get to me. Delays happen and I understand this - one or two days would be acceptable, another three weeks is not.

What if I wait another three weeks and the engineer doesn't show up a second time?

Please bear in mind that given the installation fee and what will now be two days off work unpaid, I stand at well over £200 out of pocket already.

I find it very difficult to believe Sky has absolutely no say in the matter when an Openreach appointment has simply failed to materialise.

David

Camera Operator
Post 4 of 8

I agree and think both ofcom and isps should put more pressure on Openreach to meet targets or at least have a procedure in place to rebook asap. At the moment its just "meh, deal with it" and as it stands the compensation offers from them are pathetic.

Some advice, always book an AM appointment because if you book a PM one you will be the one missed out - also enables you to get on to them if 1pm comes and goes. This happened to me and they didn't arive until about 2pm leading me to believe someone probably didn't get their install...

Runner
Post 5 of 8

I had a call from the engineer this afternoon who was outside my property. Luckily my partner had just gotten home and was able to let him in.

I don't know if anyone at Sky did anything to sort this out but if they did then thanks. If not, I would politely suggest improving communication between Sky and Openreach for the future as being told on the phone that another three week wait is in order while the engineer was actually on the way one day late has caused this confusion. It's pure chance that someone was home.

This thread can be marked as resolved.

David

Staff
Post 6 of 8

Hi dsilver,

That's great news. I am glad the issue has now been resolved and your feedback is appreciated.

If you have any issues with this in the future then please contact us at the Forum again.

Thanks,

Runner
Post 7 of 8

Just an update to say I'm very happy with the service. Speed is as advertised and latency is very, very low. 5-6ms on speedtest.net!

In my order tracking page on the site it's still showing that i'm not connected yet and there being problems with the order. Can someone look into this as I don't want to lose service over non-payment or something.

Thanks,

David

Staff
Post 8 of 8

Hi dsilver, 

Thanks for the update & glad that everything is still good with your Fibre, I wouldn't worry about your My Sky Account as it can take a few days for the status to change. 

Recommended Threads