All Advertised All 4 content not available on All 4 catch up or Box sets

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 19

All Advertised All 4 content not available on All 4 catch up or Box sets

My Sky+ HD box works fine for Catch Up and Box sets except for All 4.

Channel 4, More 4 and Walter presents show the first episode of a series, and they advertise that all other episodes can be viewed on All 4 Catch up or All 4 Box sets.

This is not true. Current examples of advertised programmes not available on All 4 are the series Maltese,  and Before We Die.

I spoke with Sky Customer support last week who said that all programmes should be available, and that Sky would "send a signal" to make sure that all All 4 content would be available.

No difference.

I have sent 3 emails to All 4, but they never respond. 

Anybody got any ideas or similar problem?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Boom Operator
Post 10 of 19

Re: All Advertised All 4 content not available on All 4 catch up or Box sets

I can now answer my own question about non availability of advertiesed All 4 programmes as I have received an actual reply email from ViewerEnquiries@Channel4.co.uk, which states; 

"We would also advise that the advertising on our Walter Presents titles such as MALTESE: The Mafia Detective is not misleading as it advertises this as being an All 4 exclusive. It is a rights issue in that Sky have not obtained the rights to our All 4 boxsets. ".

This means that only episodes of programmes actually shown on Sky are available on Catch Up or Box sets.

They also refuse to say if or when an All 4 app will be available for Apple TV or Sony 4K Opera smart TVs.

The partial good news is that the programmes can be accessed by AirPlay streamed to an Apple TV from  iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone or iPad. 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 19

I could be wrong but i don't think Channel 4 make all of the All4 web based content available on their All4 portion of the Sky catch up service.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 3 of 19

Hi @electricmonk

This question comes up a lot and the answer is that despite what the Sky advisor told you, not all Channel 4 content is available via the On Demand platform on our Sky boxes and mobile devices because Channel 4 themselves don't make it available for reasons best known to themselves. The adverts themselves could be pointing you towards their website, mobile and TV apps where all the content is there to be viewed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 4 of 19

I have exactly the same problem and have done so since all 4 was launched!! I have to watch anything that takes my fancy through my laptop. Would love to hear of a fix. 

NKean
Oracle
Post 5 of 19

wrote:

Would love to hear of a fix. 

There is no fix as the two posts above you have said @scotsartist1969, the only other thing you might be able to try is if you have a smart TV it might have the All4 app on it where you should mind all the content, either that or connect your laptop to your TV.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 6 of 19

@scotsartist1969  Just to add a further option to @caesarome suggestions on ways to watch. If you have a smart DVD player I'm sure you can get the All4 app. 

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

Sound Supervisor
Post 7 of 19

From what I can tell, there’s two ‘versions’ of ALL4 on Sky - one is the standard catch up service with programming available for 30 days after broadcast; the other are the the full series that come with the box sets component - both of which are part of a relevant subscription and ad-free unlike the ALL4 which you get via their website and app, all of which is ad-supported.

The Sky catch up and box sets will likely be subject to a specific output agreement and not a version of the Channel 4 ad-supported service... they’re using Walter Presents as a way of driving traffic to their ALL4 app and watching ad-supported content.

Oracle
Post 8 of 19

Channel 4 catch up does contains adverts or at least it has when I have watched the odd program in the past.

I do not work for Sky.
Sound Supervisor
Post 9 of 19

@caesaromewrote:

Channel 4 catch up does contains adverts or at least it has when I have watched the odd program in the past.

To be fair you are right - but on a Sky box they are skippable by fast forwarding whereas ads on All4 content via their own apps aren’t - well I’ve never been able to skip them anyway! 

Answer
Boom Operator
Post 10 of 19

I can now answer my own question about non availability of advertiesed All 4 programmes as I have received an actual reply email from ViewerEnquiries@Channel4.co.uk, which states; 

"We would also advise that the advertising on our Walter Presents titles such as MALTESE: The Mafia Detective is not misleading as it advertises this as being an All 4 exclusive. It is a rights issue in that Sky have not obtained the rights to our All 4 boxsets. ".

This means that only episodes of programmes actually shown on Sky are available on Catch Up or Box sets.

They also refuse to say if or when an All 4 app will be available for Apple TV or Sony 4K Opera smart TVs.

The partial good news is that the programmes can be accessed by AirPlay streamed to an Apple TV from  iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone or iPad. 

Researcher
Post 11 of 19

Me too. Annoying when I record a first episode to find I cannot access the rest. The lastest Flight .. the first was on 4 the rest i can see on All four but to record it says I must upgrade my sunscription which i am not doing!

Researcher
Post 12 of 19

Thanks for this, they may not find it misleading but I certainly do and it will result in not watching the programs. But how come some Walters have all episodes available on all four and I can record but others like this Flight ... will not record. As I say very misleading.

Runner
Post 13 of 19

Not sure why I didn't check on here first regarding this problem as I have exactly the same. Watched the first episode of a Spanish Drama "Night & Day". and could not for the life of me find the rest of the episodes. Anyway, with much faffing, I see that it is there on ALL 4 ON DEMAND. Easy peasy, i thought, I will just download! No, got a message stating that I had to upgrade. Now I'm paying £50 per month with no sports or movies so I figured I should be able to access this with my current bundle. Anyway, fast forward 3 days, 4 advisors, and I/they are still at a loss as to why I cannot download more episodes. Can't think why they haven't come up with the answers I see here right off the bat and save me hours of toing and froing. It's beyond annoying.

Sound Supervisor
Post 14 of 19

@Cheekymoo wrote:

Not sure why I didn't check on here first regarding this problem as I have exactly the same. Watched the first episode of a Spanish Drama "Night & Day". and could not for the life of me find the rest of the episodes. Anyway, with much faffing, I see that it is there on ALL 4 ON DEMAND. Easy peasy, i thought, I will just download! No, got a message stating that I had to upgrade. Now I'm paying £50 per month with no sports or movies so I figured I should be able to access this with my current bundle. Anyway, fast forward 3 days, 4 advisors, and I/they are still at a loss as to why I cannot download more episodes. Can't think why they haven't come up with the answers I see here right off the bat and save me hours of toing and froing. It's beyond annoying.

Night & Day had just the one episode broadcast on tv hence it being available on catch-up tv - C4 routinely debut some new WP shows on TV as a way of then directing viewers to their ad-supported All4 app to watch the rest of the series. 

i think since Fugitives was broadcast some time back, a number of WP shows are now available in Sky Box Sets (and not catch-up tv) after the first episode is broadcast on tv - if you have Box Sets you should be able to access the rest of the episodes.

Boom Operator
Post 15 of 19

The missing episodes can be accessed at All 4 online using a Mac, or All 4 app to iPhone or iPad, and then screen mirrored direct to a smart TV. If you have an Apple TV you can stream to it via AirPlay. I watched Maltese and Night and Day this way. Windoze and Android options are available.