Discussion topic: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Re: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mike251083

You have no discounts whatsoever! That's entirely down to you. I don't pay full price for anything in my Sky package. You need to call them every single time your 18 month contract ends to negotiate a better deal. That's how it works with all forms of utilities, insurances, and broadcast providers. You can't expect Sky to call you up to try to find out if they can make less money from you every month... Are you a customer that just accepts insurance premium rises too rather than comparing the market?

Sky loves 'loyal customers' because they never negotiate... 

This message was authored by orpheum This message was authored by: orpheum

No confidence in Sky

I was considering returning to Sky but I have no trust or confidence in the company. The way their loyal customers are treated is beyond belief. The agents don't seem to care and will say anything in order to get rid of a customer., so they will not be regaining my custom. I had been with them for 25 years until the Sky Q sound dropout issue began and despite promises to resolve it, it never happened so I left them. The whole organisation needs a radical overhaul and the trust of their customers regained. Do they not have staff training courses?

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@fizzdisco wrote:

@mike251083 wrote:

@fizzdisco @Rob+Jarvis 

Like i said they dont look after older loyal customers.

Screenshot_20210801-160226_My Sky.jpg

😮

They only "look after" loyal customers if you contact them and tell them you want a better deal, otherwise they're very happy to switch you onto an inflated subscription rate once your contract expires and take your money. 

I've been with Sky for nearly 20 years and always renegotiate at the end of every contract. You need to decide how much you think their service is worth to you. Tell them how much that is. If it's £150pm, fine, pay that. If it's £60pm that's fine too. You'll find many people on here who are paying around a third of what you are for exactly the same service. All you need to do is ask them. 

I always recontract before or at the end of my contract depending what deals are available. I'm currently paying £118 for the full TV package (including Multiscreen and Netflix) and Ultrafast Plus broadband.

Re: No confidence in Sky

@orpheum

The sound issue was sorted in software Q160. Have your boxes not updated?

All you need to do to get a good deal is to ask to cancel. It's really simple.

Like I said, you should not want to be a loyal customer. It's a buyer's market. You're in charge - if you're not getting value for something then look elsewhere. The act of leaving will get you a call back from Retentions to offer you a good deal to stay.

This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

Had a delivery by DPD just now.  Having opted to go for a 1tb hdr box instead of the 2tb version due to not having them in stock.  I can confirm that this box (1tb) is hdr capable and it was free due to all the hassle of receiving non hdr 2tb boxes.

This message was authored by jan1975000 This message was authored by: jan1975000

they have done the same to me

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

Sorry to those who have received the wrong box. After looking at some of these cases we've taken steps that will stop the wrong box from being sent in the future. We still have 2TB HDR-capable boxes in stock and anyone upgrading will receive the correct box.

Edit: I should have added that anyone who has received an incorrect box can request a swap by contacting one of our agents.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by mike251083 This message was authored by: mike251083

@Kei+M 

Can I get one then? If I phone up today they can sort me out with a new HDR box?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Edited
This message was authored by craign75 This message was authored by: craign75

Im still being messed about with my hdr upgrade.Was told last Thursday it had been sent to the resolution team it will be sorted by Sunday and to expect a call Sunday afternoon,received no call so had to ring them myself only to be told to be patient while it gets sorted.I have just spoke to an agent again to be told resolutions team have resolved my case i have a hdr box which I clearly don't,so the agent on the phone has sent my problem back to the resolution team again,so more waiting around,it shouldn't be this difficult to upgrade a box,seems easy enough to take our money though 

This message was authored by jan1975000 This message was authored by: jan1975000

Hi i am still awaiting my correct HDR box?   How do I obtain it as your customer support teams dont know the difference between the boxes

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@jan1975000 I have escalated this to Sky and hopefully they will come back to you, Private message or email, and be able to sort something out for you. Look for a blue blob bottom right of your screen.

I had a 32B063  box and ordered a new HDR box and they collected the old box and sent me an 32B063   which is the same as what i had....  check your boxes as trading standards would have a field day...

i have had the same issue....spent 3hrs trying to explain they sent me the wrong box and they didnt seem to understand....it took 3 hrs for me to convience them in the end..

This message was authored by craign75 This message was authored by: craign75

That's the problem with all this none of the agent's dealing with it know what box is what.I got passed from department to department each time being told i had a recieved a hdr box.We were told a few posts up there is 2tb hdr boxes available to be sent out immediately to replace these wrongly delivered boxes,we just want the box we have paid for 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion