Discussion topic: Speaker tests on you tube - anyone else getting no bass sounds?

This message was authored by Bartopia This message was authored by: Bartopia

Speaker tests on you tube - anyone else getting no bass sounds?

As many people are reporting I'm not overly impressed with the sound on my Sky glass 65". It seems Rather thin and lacking in bass and worse than my previous Sky Soundbox.

Anyways, I have tried running some of the speaker tests on you tube this morning and on vast majority of tests, 5.1 / 7.1 etc and other formats I am getting no sound at all when the LFE channel is meant to be playing bass. The other channels all play fine including side and above surround etc.

Is this a limitation of you tube or is it a possible issue with my TV? I would be really interested to hear what other people are getting before I call sky!

Many thanks. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Paul+Siwek This message was authored by: Paul+Siwek

Re: Speaker tests on you tube - anyone else getting no bass sounds?

So we can make this a fair assesment, please post the video link you where using so we can all compare to it. and then give our thoughts.

This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

I've just done a test my myself on YouTube using the link I've provided and when it got to subwoofer one let's just say it was **bleep**........thank God my replacement is coming on Friday 🤞🤞

https://youtu.be/_TX--Fku9NQ

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff
This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

FYI I've just done the same test on my android phone via a JVC Bluetooth party speaker 105w peak/ 50w RMS and not even on full volume the bass was so rich and clearly out doing the sound quality on the sky glass

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

🤔 Iv just done this and the bass speaker seems to be non existent. **bleep**

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 if that's the case I'd be ringing vsky and asking for a replacement asap 👍👍

Gotta love tech stuff
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

On the phone now. 

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 good luck just tell them this isn't as advertised and keep on at them, they will send a replacement 🤞🤞

Gotta love tech stuff

@Gothorp+23  Thanks for your input. Went through some reboots and resets. Suddenly the bass speaker is kicking! 

Going to keep an eye on it but it improved 10 fold immediately!

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 awesome😁😁 pleased that was a easy fix, so your thoughts on the quality of the subwoofer in the TV?? Did you do a factory reset or just a sound reset??

Gotta love tech stuff

The bass speaker is definitely better and noticeable difference now when listening with bass boost on as opposed to off. 

Some of the YouTube test videos are known not to work as a test for the sky glass - I didn't understand the tech explanation for this as it was crazy over the top of my head 😂 

Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Paul+Siwek This message was authored by: Paul+Siwek

Yeah I just did this test, and it sounds like the sub has blown.  It was awfull, and o lying had it at about 25% volume. I'm thinking that a batch of them were damaged or something. It's not like the sub can be poked or prodded from the outside.

They had me run a Dolby one and when the sub was under test in the video it sounded incredible. 

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 what kinda reset did you do to get your subwoofer to work ? 

Gotta love tech stuff
Bartopia
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bartopia This message was authored by: Bartopia

@Jayboy1990 Do you have a link to the Dolby one that they had you run?

Can you give some more information on exactly what reboots / resets they asked you to perform please?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion