Discussion topic: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky pkus box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What issue are you having @nick+par, can you download anything and if not what is happening, the more information you can give the better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Will1173 This message was authored by: Will1173

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky pkus box

I have the same issue with my sky plus box. I resolve it by turning everything off etc but I have to do that daily now which is crazy & sometimes sky cant see any network yet other devices do see networks...

This message was authored by PeterH1950 This message was authored by: PeterH1950

Re: Sky on demand not connecting - sky plus box

The answer for me was to change the IP address of the Sky box to be static rather than DHCP. Since doing that I've had no trouble at all, and it was driving me mad too 👍👍

Thank you - I will try that 

How do I get it to be static - this is driving me crazy and makes me want to quit Sky as I have to turn everything off every time it drops 

This message was authored by PeterH1950 This message was authored by: PeterH1950

It depends on your router. I am on TalkTalk and when I look at the connections linked to the router, there is an option to either use DHCP (standard) or set it ti be a static IP address. So I just found which connection was the SkyBox, changed it and that was it.

You will probably find that you need a wired connection.

It’s been okay on wireless for ages - past few months. Where do I go to make the changes?

Sorry, I meant that to make the changes you need to be connected to the router by wire rather than wireless. You logon to the router in a web browser using 192.168.1.1 and use the userid and password on the back of your router. The userid is usually admin, the password is not the wireless password but the router password. After tht it depends on the model of your router as to what you see and where the setting is. As I said, on my router there is an option to show everything connected to the router, and there I could make the change. Good luck.

Thank you 

This message was authored by sim+sky This message was authored by: sim+sky

This is happening to us too. I’ve rebooted, reset, checked connections and as our WiFi IS working for everything else in the house,  why Sky only? 

We pay for Sky Protect, the little WiFi connector on our box says it’s got WiFi so I’m fairly confused

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@sim+sky wrote:

This is happening to us too. I’ve rebooted, reset, checked connections and as our WiFi IS working for everything else in the house,  why Sky only? 

We pay for Sky Protect, the little WiFi connector on our box says it’s got WiFi so I’m fairly confused

Hi Smiley Happy Try rebooting your router, disconnrct from power fot 30 sec then reconnect, then do the same with your SKY+ box, let the system stablise and see if that cures your problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@sim+sky wrote:

Routers are a science all to themselves, just because they are working for 99% of all devices does not indicte that the router is not the issue 🙁 It is always worth rebooting the router as it will do no harm

try disconnecting the Wi-Fi physically from the Sky Box then power it of at the mains for at least 5 minutes then turn it back on, wait another 5 minutes for it to fully come back on then reconnect the Wi-Fi adapter

This message was authored by TVGEEK This message was authored by: TVGEEK

My box will not recognise the ondemand connector. 

Rebooted router.

Have powered off sky + and connector

powered on sky + and connector

sky + ready

two lights ondemand connector

network status still shows FAIL

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@TVGEEK wrote:

My box will not recognise the ondemand connector. 

Rebooted router.

Have powered off sky + and connector

powered on sky + and connector

sky + ready

two lights ondemand connector

network status still shows FAIL

Hi Smiley Happy Turn your SKY+ box of at the mains, disconnect your wifi connector, from the back of the SKY+ box.

Turn the sky+box back on, wait for the box to reboot.

Replug the wifi connector and wait for it to reboot.

See if that helps?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion