Discussion topic: Sky HDR

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Peterlesle This message was authored by: Peterlesle

Re: Sky HDR

I would suggest it would become a problem for SKY once they mention HDR in their marketing for the SKY Q, where at that point V1 box users (a box loaned by Sky) are not getting the same level service as v3 box users.  The expectation presented by SKY now over a year ago was HDR was to be an upcoming upgrade , absolutely no mention of subject to hardware compatibility, and very likely a reason why many customers had remained with SKY  So if there is to be an upgrade path for v1 boxes it should be at no or minimal cost. 

planearm
Topic Author
This message was authored by planearm This message was authored by: planearm

@TheDeathOfRatsI've had UHD for about 18 months.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@TheDeathOfRats wrote:

Interested to know - do the members that keep saying things like "stop whining" and "just wait" already have V2 and V3 boxes 😀

Cheers,

Nigel

I have a v3 but, haven't been able to access the limited amount of HLG HDR content (yet).

I'm not bothered in the slightest as I have a sense of perspective and focus on what's truly important...

Spoiler
And it isn't anything to do with television
This message was authored by Peterlesle This message was authored by: Peterlesle

Or to put it another way: anybody who has bought sky q after sky announced hdr was an upcoming upgrade and was given a box which is not hdr compatible appears to have been mid sold 

This message was authored by da1e7150 This message was authored by: da1e7150

I think the HLG all looks abit meh to be honest iPlayer and Netflix and prime all look better than the sky docs to be fair granted it's better than normal SDR but it's not the be all and end all like some people who don't have it yet think it will be

This message was authored by Piesarus This message was authored by: Piesarus

@Peterlesle  you have bought a service the hardware is rented and nowhere in T&C does it mention HDR. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TheDeathOfRats wrote:

Interested to know - do the members that keep saying things like "stop whining" and "just wait" already have V2 and V3 boxes 😀

Very few people say that, and a lot of forum posters have v1 boxes: mine has been humming away for four years now.  I like lemurs and I'm sure they look shiny in HDR, but I'm not exactly losing sleep over it.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Piesarus This message was authored by: Piesarus

@rawhide1  I have an LG not a Sony?

This message was authored by rawhide1 This message was authored by: rawhide1

@Piesarus I am not sure u got my last post but yes I have a eco button on my Sony AF8 and I sent u a Screenshot of the setting info

Nothing to do with T&Cs . anybody given a non HDR compatible box after SKY announced HDR was to be introduced has likely been misold unless the box were replaced at no cost to the customer. 

@da1e7150 wrote:

I think the HLG all looks abit meh to be honest iPlayer and Netflix and prime all look better than the sky docs to be fair granted it's better than normal SDR but it's not the be all and end all like some people who don't have it yet think it will be

If you've seen HLG on Sky, it's exactly the same as what youv'e seen via iPlayer, which is also HLG HDR.

If you want to see a real difference, watch disc based Dolby Vision content via a 4K UHD player.

@Anonymous  I wouldn't say it's the same the bitrates were higher on iPlayer so the picture was clearer and sharper and I agree discs always wins but that's not the discussion lol

@Peterlesle wrote:

Nothing to do with T&Cs . anybody given a non HDR compatible box after SKY announced HDR was to be introduced has likely been misold unless the box were replaced at no cost to the customer. 

In case you missed it, here's a message from a community manager (Sky employee) wiith regard HDR - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-HDR/m-p/3321080#M314996

@Peterlesle  it has t&c's have everything to do with it. That's what covers sky by law if it doesn't specify HDR content is a given feature then it isn't misold.  You dont know that the upgrade system costs and I assume it won't  and you will have your Lemurs as soon as Sky can deal with the logistics of boxes returning and been sent out....Patience your not missing out on much.

Anyone with an LG 55C9 oled care to share their settings

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion