Discussion topic: Sky+HD Magic Eye picture too big

This message was authored by LouLat1980 This message was authored by: LouLat1980

Sky+HD Magic Eye picture too big

I had a refurbished Sky+HD box installed yesterday. I cannot have SkyQ as I need to continue using Magic Eye for my set up. The engineer said they no longer had any boxes with RF2 output so has used the most recent Sky+HD box with an IO Link. The picture and sound is fine but I have noticed today that the picture on my second TV running from refurbished box via Magic Eye is too big for the screen. I have tried amending via the TV settings but even when I use 4.3, there are 2 black lines down the side and the writing/credits from programme is still missing (like it's chopped off) Within the Sky settings, there is only mention of RF sizes which I no longer have. Could this also be because the engineer upgraded me to free HD channels for 2 months? Thanks, Lou

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky+HD Magic Eye picture too big

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LouLat1980 wrote:

Within the Sky settings, there is only mention of RF sizes which I no longer have.

Try adjusting these. The IO Link provides the RF output. You should ge able to change aspect ratio/size via these settings. 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@LouLat1980 wrote:

Within the Sky settings, there is only mention of RF sizes which I no longer have.

Try adjusting these. The IO Link provides the RF output. You should ge able to change aspect ratio/size via these settings. 

LouLat1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by LouLat1980 This message was authored by: LouLat1980

@Mark39 I have amended RF2 picture format to 16:9 and that's worked! Thanks again for your help and replies to my posts over the last few days! Learning as I go! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Glad you've got it as you want it. Just shout if there's anything more we can do to help 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion