Discussion topic: Sky Glass Delivered

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Shooms This message was authored by: Shooms

Re: Sky Glass Delivered

@CyberFriday no worries mate. I don't have Sky at the moment just an old 1080p LG 3D tv (I will miss the 3D if I go to Glass!) but I'm using Apple TV & subbed to UHD Netflix so guessing it's streaming that even if my TV won't display it? Likewise streaming UHD Netflix to Mac & iPad. No issues on buffering at all with Starlink.

What blows my mind is that my nearest Starlink ground base station is near Truro so my packets have to go from me in the New Forest to a low trajectory satellite to Truro & back up & down in milliseconds 😮

https://satellitemap.space

FDB00668-21CF-4BED-B479-DD720EDED166.jpeg

This message was authored by Sandrea This message was authored by: Sandrea

So I received my sky glass and puck last night. Delivery drivers set up stand etc. We plugged in the tv and the first thing that came up was a welcome message with someone else's name on it. We clicked this isn't me. Went through the process and got the pass code to try and activate it online, pass code didn't work. After doing some digging we noticed the serial number for the tv on my account is different to the one on the tv. So we've been sent someone else's allocated tv. Spoke to sky last night and they said it's a known issue and would escalate it and someone phone me back today. Anyone else had this issue and how quickly it wad resolved (if at all?). The puck is correct serial number matches and correct name on the welcome screen. Disappointed to not be able to use it so far since delivery.

This message was authored by Urban+Splash This message was authored by: Urban+Splash

Did it give any details of that (wrong) customer? Pretty shabby that. Hopefully people won't start receiving TVs that are blatant customer returns. 

Sky might be in a pickle if that ever happens. As the TV is actually owned and paid for by the customer. No longer able to send any old box as it was loaned equipment 

Yes it gave someone else's name on the initial welcome and setup. When we said it wasn't us and went back it disappeared and now just says Hello *blank*,

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Sandrea Depending on the information viewable that could be a serious breach of GDPR. They take stuff like that very seriously.

Only information displayed was a full name.

This message was authored by DynamoHummer This message was authored by: DynamoHummer

Just reporting in...

Got my slot for delivery last night 7am - 9am. 

Phone call just after 7am (luckily I am working today so it wasn't a huge shock to the system) to say to expect them in the next 30 mins. They got a bit lost (every delivery does, it's OK). Arrived by 7:45. 

It was their first setup. They left at 8:50, so it clearly was a learning curve for them. Very nice guys, all sorted and they popped it on the th table for us, which is good as it's blooming heavy. 

First update failed, second was fine and all working nicely. I was worried about my internet connection, but so far so good. Have left Marital Unit to learn the remote control and how it works while I am in the office working, am expecting to hear about some user error issues as he gets to know how it works. 

Set looks lovely, sound is very nice - not tried anything too taxing but I think it sounds better than my Sonos play base and two back speakers so far. 

I can't make a comparison for Sky Q as we were unable to get Q as we have a communal aerial, which is why this is a huge uograde for us. 

Will report more as we go along. 

I am sorry to those who have had problems, but my experience was very good so far. 

This message was authored by CyberFriday This message was authored by: CyberFriday

@Sandrea  The other question is how much other personal information would have been exposed if you hadn't clicked on the "isn't me" option ?

We phoned the delivery drivers aswell and they said they didn't even have that persons name on their delivery list so not even as if the drivers just picked up the wrong box out the van. Been a muck up and stuck our label on the wrong box

I think this topic deserves its own thread and hopefully picked up by someone that can do something about this.

This message was authored by CyberFriday This message was authored by: CyberFriday

Or one of the super uses here could escalate it to Sky or one of the Sky employees who  I contribute to these threads could pick it up.

This message was authored by gizmo120 This message was authored by: gizmo120

When I put audio o to auto (puck) I get Atmos, but no sound on the TV guide at all. I also get sound from apps etc but not TV. If I put it back to dd+ I get sound from tv channels but no Atmos. Weird. 

This message was authored by Jkpfc1 This message was authored by: Jkpfc1

Absolutely furious. After a month wait, Skyglass TV delivered with wrong stand. Had to refuse delivery, and on ringing Sky was offered £15 compensation and was told the order would need to be cancelled. We would then need to reorder ourselves( and another month wait). Useless, totally useless !

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Jkpfc1 wrote:

Absolutely furious. After a month wait, Skyglass TV delivered with wrong stand. Had to refuse delivery, and on ringing Sky was offered £15 compensation and was told the order would need to be cancelled. We would then need to reorder ourselves( and another month wait). Useless, totally useless !

Sky's incompetence really is quite hard to believe sometimes...

Best of luck getting it sorted out. 

This message was authored by Jkpfc1 This message was authored by: Jkpfc1

Well well well...just had a call from sky...THEY have done the reorder to be delivered in less than a week's time...watch this space....

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion