Discussion topic: Sky Cinema.

This message was authored by Eddie+George+c This message was authored by: Eddie+George+c

Sky Cinema.

If I sign up for Sky Cinema are all films included or will I have to pay for some on top of the extra subscription? Also is it an 18 month contract or can I cancel whenever I want? What is the cost at the moment?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Sky Cinema.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eddie+George+c  All films are included except the ones marked sky store/sky store premier and it's an 18 month minimum subscription , full cost is around £19pm but agreeing to an 18 month minimum term will result in a discount 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Eddie+George+c  All films are included except the ones marked sky store/sky store premier and it's an 18 month minimum subscription , full cost is around £19pm but agreeing to an 18 month minimum term will result in a discount 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

For any minimum term, best to check the small print. Depending on the offer, minimum term may differ

Sky cinema advertise over 1,000 films on demand.

Not every film goes to sky cinema as there is netflix prime video, disney plus, apple TV. Sky cinema for any big movie they get tend to be 8 months after release. Most recent big film was Dune so that's an idea.

Films on sky store are separate and cost extra. 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Sky Cinema should cost no more than £6 per month. It's now just a catalogue of older movies rather than a source of new premieres. 

It's the weakest of all the movie services IMHO due to the fact that everything is sped up from 24 to 25fps, it uses higher compression and has less choice of HDR formats on UHD content. 

Have a scan through the catalogue of what they have before committing to an 18 month contract - I found it to be very poor value for money unless you have a lot of time on your hands and haven't watched many movies in your lifetime. I paid £6pm during the time I was a subscriber and watched 2 films. That's £108 over the course of the contract. £54 per film. Yes FIFTY FOUR QUID each. They weren't even that good. 

I'm much happier paying for the movies I actually want to watch and keep, much sooner after release, from iTunes, Rakuten or Prime. They're frequently cheaper than from Sky Store, play at the correct speed and have HDR options. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@fizzdisco wrote:

Sky Cinema should cost no more than £6 per month. It's now just a catalogue of older movies rather than a source of new premieres. 

It's the weakest of all the movie services IMHO due to the fact that everything is sped up from 24 to 25fps, it uses higher compression and has less choice of HDR formats on UHD content. 

Have a scan through the catalogue of what they have before committing to an 18 month contract - I found it to be very poor value for money unless you have a lot of time on your hands and haven't watched many movies in your lifetime. I paid £6pm during the time I was a subscriber and watched 2 films. That's £108 over the course of the contract. £54 per film. Yes FIFTY FOUR QUID each. They weren't even that good. 

I'm much happier paying for the movies I actually want to watch and keep, much sooner after release, from iTunes, Rakuten or Prime. They're frequently cheaper than from Sky Store, play at the correct speed and have HDR options. 

I recently took a 2 month free trial for Sky Cinema and probably watched 4 films. I was then offered a further 6 months for £5 a month. Even at that price I didn't take the offer as I just wouldn't watch that much...

Mind you, shame I missed Dune by a few days but will wait for it to (hopefully) come to Netflix or Prime

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Doc5907 wrote:

Mind you, shame I missed Dune by a few days but will wait for it to (hopefully) come to Netflix or Prime

At least there the UHD version would have subtitles.  Once again our family movie night was in HD because darling daughter is hearing-impaired: thanks Sky ; (

However, apart from minor quibbles (opening a door with a lasgun when there might be shields on the other side is distinctly unadvisable*, as is actually referenced in the text) I thought it was an excellent attempt at filming a book I basically know by heart.

*Although I guess one could argue Imperial Sardaukar probably don't do H&S assessments or read the manuals...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion