Discussion topic: Settings to configure alternative router to work with Sky Fibre / DHCP Option 61

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by sbetty02 This message was authored by: sbetty02

Re: Settings to configure alternative router to work with Sky Fibre / DHCP Option 61

Ahhh I'm with now, stupid me FTTP will be a different internal connection! Cheers 🙂 Will do it the cheap way, then I have an excuse to plan proeprly and get a little rack which can also mount my unraid server 🙂

Thanks all!

This message was authored by stevieb3 This message was authored by: stevieb3

Re: Settings to configure alternative router to work with Sky Fibre / DHCP Option 61

The ONT is just where the fibre terminates inside the house (optical network termination), kind of like the master telephone socket for the copper system. so my UDM Pro is just connected straight into that with a cat 6 cable.

Not sure with the Asus stuff sorry, I'm ok with the UniFi stuff as it was such a pain in the past and took a lot of figuring out.

This message was authored by Sylwester This message was authored by: Sylwester

@stevieb3 what version of controller is this?

This message was authored by Matty-boy79 This message was authored by: Matty-boy79

Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive, Sky compatible box to replace the sky box for a modem-only setup for 80Mb? I have a Cisco Meraki MX64 for routing duties.

Thanks in advance!

This message was authored by Matty-boy79 This message was authored by: Matty-boy79

(Sorry, just realised this thread is for fibre connections. Mine is copper)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matty-boy79 

The one usually mentioned for FTTC is the DrayTek Vigor 130

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by stridemat This message was authored by: stridemat

Hi, I am trying to get a simlar set up working, however I do not have the DHCP Client Options available. Any ideas?

This message was authored by Raphael This message was authored by: Raphael

Hi,

Did you get voip working with this ?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Raphael 

As in my reply to your post back in January, without a Sky Broadband Hub there is no known way to get Sky Talk using VOIP as the configuration for that is baked into the ATA on the Hub itself.  Using other VOIP services from ethernet / WiFi hardware behind the non-Sky router should be possible.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Thanks for your answer, I don't have voip yet bot fttp looms and don't want to use my landline number, using a ASUS router at the mo.   
did anyone try linking up the hub 4 and turning off its dhcp ? 

Loose not use !

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion