Discussion topic: SKY firmware update september 2021 - Live pause no longer works

This message was authored by Frankirl This message was authored by: Frankirl

SKY firmware update september 2021 - Live pause no longer works

Hi there

I cannot contact SKY so I've been sent here. They do not seem to have an Irish contact number!

About 2 weeks ago an auto firmware update was sent to my Sky box. I got an on-screen message from SKY telling me as much.

Now my live pause doesn't work anymore. The screen goes black. Only way out is to change to a different channel.

Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: SKY firmware update september 2021 - Live pause no longer works

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Frankirl when you live pause, your Sky box is essentially recording the live programme even though it doesn't appear in your Planner. A Planner Rebuild 8s, therefore, entirely appropriate)and won't do any harm, anyway).

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Try a Planner Rebuild as described in step 2 here; https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/recording-on-sky-plus/sky-plus-recordings-other-problem

You can find a contact number for Sky in the ROI by changing the flag in the bottom right hand corner of this page, then clicking on 'need more help': https://www.sky.com/help/home

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page

Frankirl
Topic Author

Thanks @Mark39  for this, however, the issue is not the planner. The planner and scheduler are intact and working. The issue is if I pause a 'live' unrecorded programme, the screen goes black and I have to change to another channel to get normal pictures and sound back, then change to the original channel I was on.

Re the contact number, I am in the ROI site and the number displayed is a UK number!

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

A planner rebuild fixes many non-planner related issues

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Frankirl when you live pause, your Sky box is essentially recording the live programme even though it doesn't appear in your Planner. A Planner Rebuild 8s, therefore, entirely appropriate)and won't do any harm, anyway).

Frankirl
Topic Author

Thank you @Mark39 ,  @Annie+UK 

These worked

Appreciate your help 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion