Discussion topic: Playlist

This message was authored by Grumbs This message was authored by: Grumbs

Playlist

Can anyone help I added a film to my playlist from Film4 hd,when I decided to watch the film I could only watch it through prime video which I would have to subscribe to, didn't have to do this with sky q?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990 Answer

Re: Playlist

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grumbs  That's the way it's always been. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Sky+user110 This message was authored by: Sky+user110

I wouldn't look at is as adding from film 4 - regardless of where you use the add button from it will show in your playlist from the easiest most asscessible source - therefore if you ain't got prime you probaby wont be able to play it back from playlist....

Grumbs
Topic Author
This message was authored by Grumbs This message was authored by: Grumbs

Okay thank you so if I had sky q instead of glass I would be able to watch it I presume? 

This message was authored by Sky+user110 This message was authored by: Sky+user110

Yep on sky q it would 'record' from film 4....playlist just 'bookmarks' the show and will then let you stream it through the easiest option when it becomes available to stream - be that skys servers or various hubs / i players / 3rd party apps for others....a bit annoying when you think you have added something from ITV / BBC only to find that you can only view it through HUb / I player which as I sure you will discover is a pretty poor experience.!

I cant quite remember (as I sent glass back) if ALL4 app is on glass - if not it will be available if you have.a fire stick and film 4 is on there!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Grumbs this is a known issue as Film4 only has rights to broadcast the movie while Amazon hold the streaming rights and the movie therefore never appears on All4 so the system ponts to Prime which is behind a pay wall. There are a few other similar examples notably with some Nat Geographic content being streamed from Disney+. 

Most frustratingly Sky dont warn you when you add the content to the Playlist.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

Sorry to hijack the thread - looked for first that related to the playlist. 

Has the layout changed. If you view all in TV shows its now in a much better grid view as opposed to the rail view in the play now section. 

Hope this is progress. It would allow both to be merged in one if they used a notification style icon on ios to show number of unwatched episodes from the last one played. 

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

@Ben1980 Think it's always been that way if you hit view all.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990 Answer

@Grumbs  That's the way it's always been. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

Yeah it always been that way - for tv shows is view all still at the end of the rail or have they moved it to the front where it makes more sense!

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

@Sky+user110 Not yet, but here's hoping 

Yeah i wonder who thought..."i know let's put it at the end"...they must have tested it with 3 things on the playlist - once you get a few..... its an annoying scroll to the very end to see that good old friend the grid view!

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. We are still waiting to discuss with you about thisIf you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion