Discussion topic: Part-watched recorded programme disappears when switching back to it from to live TV.

This message was authored by leighk2 This message was authored by: leighk2

Part-watched recorded programme disappears when switching back to it from to live TV.

Hi, 

I've had this happen several times. I'm watching a recoded programme on my Sky-Q box and then part way through I switch to live TV to watch the News, when I switch back to trying to watch the rest of the recorded programme it has either completely dissapeared or has skipped to the end with no way of rewinding it which is really annoying. This has started to happen recently, before I could switch back and watch the remainder of the programme.

Any help much appreciated thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Part-watched recorded programme disappears when switching back to it from to live TV.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@leighk2 wrote:

Hi, 

I've had this happen several times. I'm watching a recoded programme on my Sky-Q box and then part way through I switch to live TV to watch the News, when I switch back to trying to watch the rest of the recorded programme it has either completely dissapeared or has skipped to the end with no way of rewinding it which is really annoying. This has started to happen recently, before I could switch back and watch the remainder of the programme.

Any help much appreciated thanks.

Hi @leighk2 

Try a Reset Settings in the hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
Press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

leighk2
Topic Author
This message was authored by leighk2 This message was authored by: leighk2

Re: Part-watched recorded programme disappears when switching back to it from to live TV.

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a try.

Kind regards

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion