Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

Re: Paramount + is coming in 2022

Peacock is on Sky Go and so is paramount + but curiously paramount + is not on "tv from sky" the app on ps5 ps4 and Xbox 

This message was authored by fergie1690 This message was authored by: fergie1690

Nope...i dont see that at all.

I got in touch with Sky there and was told wait up to 48hours and any progams available to view will be downloaded to my box.....so...will wait and see.....:(

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey wrote:

@lettice wrote:

I've reported these sign up errors on our closed forum to Sky.

Hi

I used to be part of the Closed Forum, I'd love to be part of it again. I'm not sure who I'd need to speak to, to ask if I could join again 😞

Barry 🙂

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey the citeria now is once you reach level 9 you have the opportunity 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

Well it's still very early so they can't roll it out all at once. I mean Sky HD has paramount plus and so does sky go maybe the ps4 and ps5 app needs to be updated to add paramount plus stuff. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

Well it's still very early so they can't roll it out all at once. I mean Sky HD has paramount plus and so does sky go maybe the ps4 and ps5 app needs to be updated to add paramount plus stuff. 

@Skyuser1981 no it doesn't and afaik it's not part of the deal for it to be 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

Peacock is on Sky Go and so is paramount + but curiously paramount + is not on "tv from sky" the app on ps5 ps4 and Xbox 

@Skyuser1981  Again where are you seeing paramount being advertised as being on sky go , from the information I've seen it won't be available on go , the only reason peacock is , is because it doesn't have a standalone uk app where as paramount does 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

So you're saying that paramount plus is never going to be available on the tv from Sky app on the ps4 despite the fact it is in fact a premium service which is only free to sky platinum customers? I'm honestly not too surprised given sky's patchy track record on such things but leaving paramount plus out seems a major oversight 

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

So you're saying that paramount plus is never going to be available on the tv from Sky app on the ps4 despite the fact it is in fact a premium service which is only free to sky platinum customers? I'm honestly not too surprised given sky's patchy track record on such things but leaving paramount plus out seems a major oversight 

@Skyuser1981  Correct that's my understanding, Sky go primarily streams from linear tv channels (with the exception of peacock they have added to go because there is no linear tv channel or app) paramount has own app and can be access directly on q or glass 

I turned on my laptop and I went into the sky go desktop app and paramount plus was right there in the Sky cinema subsection I had to update the app it's been a while since I used it and it was right there

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

I turned on my laptop and I went into the sky go desktop app and paramount plus was right there in the Sky cinema subsection I had to update the app it's been a while since I used it and it was right there

@Skyuser1981  Interesting, I'll try on my pc now it wasn't there this morning, can you see it on a mobile device app

Well you should. I can't check because I don't have that app installed I only have the sky plus app installed. A very useful app. Warns me of upcoming recording clashes and such. 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

Well you should. I can't check because I don't have that app installed I only have the sky plus app installed. A very useful app. Warns me of upcoming recording clashes and such. 

I suspect the confusion here is between SKY Go & SKY+ app

I stoppped using the SKY + app a while ago as the SKY Go is the one that links to SKY Q & this doesn;t have the Paramaount + but I just logged into the SKY+app on my mobile & it does show Paramount + content - I haven;t tried playing any

Which app does the Playstation have  ?

@Skyuser1981 wrote:

@Skyuser1981  Ah sky go and sky + are completely separate apps you can only watch tv live via the sky go app but I see what you mean you can download paramount + content via sky + app

@nigea99  I don't think you're ever been able to watch live via sky+ app iirc but I can see the option to download content to watch that way

I've just checked Sky Go to make absolutely sure maybe its not gonna be available there, theres a video setting up paramount plus with Sky cinema but I'm not seeing anything beyond that, it could be that Sky only intend to make paramount plus available via the primary Sky boxes not any of the apps 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion