Discussion topic: Non Stacking of Recordings - Better but not solved!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Dorcas+keery This message was authored by: Dorcas+keery

Re: Non Stacking of Recordings - Better but not solved!

@Chloe-W22  my thumbnails on my tv guide on my mini box have disappeared for next Tuesday and Wednesday  they were there this morning but now they have gone  my main box is OK  its just my mini box, I have rebooted my mini box twice but its not good, can you look why this has happened please

This message was authored by Dorcas+keery This message was authored by: Dorcas+keery

And now  the thumbnails for next monday on the mini tv  guide has gone blank too 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dorcas+keery wrote:

I have rebooted my mini box twice but its not good

Typically you'd want to reboot the main Q box, and then any Mini boxes: this may not fix a particular issue but it's more likely to do so than just rebooting a Mini on its own.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood I will try it but I don't want to lose the thumbnails for next week on the main Box so I am a bit wearily of doing it 

@TimmyBGood no it didn't work but thanks anyway

@Chloe-W22the main box and mini box now have missing thumbnails for tomorow and Friday and next monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, it's getting worse for me instead of better I had those thumbnails yesterday and now they have disappeared for bbc1 HD and itv HD and I have rebooted both boxes and checked my WiFi and router but it didn't make a difference 

@Chloe-W22 here I a list of missing thumbnails that I have, BBC1 NI HD 6am saturday and Sunday breakfast  and BBC1 NI HD monday and tuesday and Wednesday 10am defenders UK and 4:30pm Bridge of lies and 3:45pm the repair shop and Thursday 5:15pm pointless and utv/itv Thursday 6am good morning Britain, please could you look into this 

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

@Chloe-W22  also next mondays coronation street has thumbnail on itv1 and itv1+1 but no thumbnail on itv1 HD so a thumbnail also needs added to coronation street on itv1 HD for next mondays episode thanks 

@Chloe-W22 and @Kirsty+S27 another couple of programmes I have missing thumbnails for is Sunday all day  I did have thumbnails for all day Sunday but they have just disappeared and itv/utv HD monday 8pm Coronation Street 

@Kirsty+S27 and Chloe-W22 just to let you know that the missing thumbnails problem is now getting worse for me all my missing thumbnails did come back but now have complety disappeared from tomorrow through to Sunday and next monday through to next Thursday, it is really not great given the amount of money that I pay each month, and it also seems that customer service from sky is really not that great either, if someone could look into this and try and fix this for me I would be greatful, 

wkeith
Topic Author
This message was authored by wkeith This message was authored by: wkeith

Re: When is Sky Q metadata going to be sorted out

@Chloe-W22 

SONOS soundbar, Virgin V6 x2 , Superhub 3 in modem mode, Eero pro x 2 and 3 x Eero
This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

Yeah this issue needs sorting thanks for raising  it 

Most definitely needs sorting I don't know about anyone else but everyday I have thumbnails there one minute and disappeared the next I now have no thumbnails for tomorrow through to next Thursday 

wkeith
Topic Author

@xenon81 wrote:

@Paula+R wrote:

Another oddity. Great Pottery Throw Dow. I have it on series link, but every week, there are 2 recordings from the same time and the same channel

The two recordings will be due to Channel 4 launching regional versions of their HD channel recently. You have a recording from the original national version of Channel 4 HD and the new regional version. Only the adverts will differ.

It's not related to the current metadata issues that are causing non-stacking recordings, but I expect a lot more reports of these double recordings over the coming weeks as the BBC launches HD regions in England, and people get recordings from the national BBC One HD and the new regional versions.

So its a different metadata isue - or poor system design where a series link cant differentiate between channels

SONOS soundbar, Virgin V6 x2 , Superhub 3 in modem mode, Eero pro x 2 and 3 x Eero
wkeith
Topic Author

So this thread has been moved into my old thread!

Is this to hide it so others don't cotton on to the admitted metadata issue? 

I was attempting to set up a thread about Metadata. - The upcoming BBC HD channel changes may cause chaos given this:-

This is caused by the regional variations in the metadata, the content doesn't all follow the same script - there are definietly a lot of turning cogs as we're all learning!

@Chloe-W22 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion