Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Slick This message was authored by: Slick

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

Sorted it could activate it immediately but now I have another problem everything has connected up fine but for some reason it won't let the kids on roblox on Xbox guessing it's something to do with security settings on hub but I just can't work it out they keep getting an error message it was fine until I changed the hub?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Slick check the Sky Broadband Shield settings on your account as they have been reset  Sky Broadband Shield

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Slick This message was authored by: Slick

@Chrisee yes I've checked them it's set to 13 years or over settings is that right 

This message was authored by Cliff+Richard This message was authored by: Cliff+Richard

Hi there Filks. Bit of a late response to this, but I also noted, within a few hours of my main and Mini being set up that I too got a headache. I am, however, very sensitive to EMF. I asked the tech team if I could run the service as per traditional Sky (i.e. just LMB and recording), but this isn't possible on Sky Q.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Cliff+Richard if you want to connect Sky Q boxes by wifi you will need to leave both wifi bands on. The only choice is to use ethernet cables and disable the wifi on each box. 

The main Q box will operate as a satellite reciever without a network connection for a period but may require an occasional connection to the internet for secirity checks. The Q minis wont work without a network connection to the main box. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Aurynfire This message was authored by: Aurynfire

I know no company supports Sky's voice service on their routers right now but im considering buying a 3rd party router and just using my mobile.  If so any suggestions on a great one?

Also SR203's IPv6 doesnt seem to be well implemented from all the problems I see people have on this forum

Fantastically Autistic

My new router is up and running smooth as hell and the call diverting works flawlessly 😄

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Aurynfire 

Excellent, 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Wireless performance around the house is much better and the fact I don't have to adjust dns settings on every device I use since SR203 doesn't offer a way to use anything other than Sky's DNS has already made this worth it

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by CyberFriday This message was authored by: CyberFriday

@Aurynfire  I'm not clear whether you ended up just using mobile for voice or if you ended up with a third party voip provider.  

But, voip brings it's own issues as these providers deal with the fall out from a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack. Bet their customers are happy bunnies....

https://www.theregister.com/2021/09/02/uk_voip_telcos_revil_ransom/

I ended up diverting all calls to my father's mobile from my landline so people can keep on calling our old landline number and get through without me having to have the SR203 hooked up.  It's not the most elegant solution but it works and it's cheap...

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by andytoll This message was authored by: andytoll

I have just received my SR203 hub and going to ultra fast plus. I ma switching over next Wednesday. i plugged in new hub last night and got it connected no issues. i then went to change my SSID to my old router name and then my password to my old one on both 2.4 and 5.  evrytime i renamed them and chasnged password it threw my out and nothing happened. i tried 2 times before giving in, i was told that if i change SSId and passowrd to the exact as my old sky router all my devices would connect to the new one not knowing the difference. Any idea's on why the SSID and password wont change?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion