Discussion topic: FTTP has been available from other providers for 3 months but it from sky

This message was authored by Chrisw1994 This message was authored by: Chrisw1994

FTTP has been available from other providers for 3 months but it from sky

FTTP has been available at my address since April , bt etc are able to install it. Every time I contract sky they say to ring back in x amount of time. Getting a bit frustrated with it. I am considering switching providers. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes sky after openreach install the fibre to offer ultrafast? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: FTTP has been available from other providers for 3 months but it from sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chrisw1994 

Any experience posted here would be purely down to local circumstances: I'd suggest you're unlikely to be able to gain any useful benchmark information that way.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Chrisw1994 not sure what the issue is but at a guess Sky do not pick up the new fibre availability as quickly as their competitors due to a slower rate of database refreshes. There are a few areas where an ISP has a temporary exclusivity but those are rare.

You are not alone in expressing frustration and we have raised this with Sky in the past without any success. Hopefully Sky will get their act together soon as they must be losing customers. Raising a complaint has resulted in customers being released from contract see How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by DanD90 This message was authored by: DanD90

My street went live for FTTP orders today and I was able to place an order with Sky for Ultrafast Plus. Availability can be down to the cablelinks at the exchange needing to be upgraded or more in depth such as physical equipment in the exchange requiring replacement. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Chrisw1994 

It's worth noting that as the USO provider, only BT is actually obliged to offer services in any particular exchange area.  We can get gigabit FTTP here, but BT is the only ISP.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Bravissimo This message was authored by: Bravissimo

Round my areas FTTP was installed by Openreach 6 months ago. I kept checking Sky to see if they could do it, but gave up after three months.

I finally rang to cancel the other day, and she did a quick check, to my surprise she said we can give you 500mbps for an extra £17pm!

Sign me up I said...

a
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Bravissimo 

Now back to chosing your router 😁 you've got advice from someone with experience.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Thornhill5 This message was authored by: Thornhill5

Did you manage to get FTTP yet?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion