Discussion topic: Can you move the puck between properties and watch sky streaming on different TVs /routers?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

Re: Can you move the puck between properties and watch sky streaming on different TVs /routers?

@Ed.B. 

The email you got it clearly tells you by using My Sky you can see important documentation about your order

It's upto you to read that important documentation 

The Terms and Conditions are listed in your account in regards to product ordered

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

Re: Can you move the puck between properties and watch sky streaming on different TVs /routers?

@Chrisee wrote:

@Ed.B. sorry but @Paul+Boland is correct Sky will have emailed you the contract documants the fact thst message went to spam or whatever is not their problem. You are bound by the terms of the contract you entered into the evidence of that is you pay Sky and use the service. Courts have power to rule specific contract terms as "unfair" and therefore unenforceable but that is pretty rare and Sky's contracts are pretty standard. 

Before I retired I used to manage advice centres and regularly our advisors had to explain the clients that not having read the small print doesnt mean they are not bound by it. 

They did not. 

I had the following 

• Your Sky order
  • Confirmationof your order
  • Verify your sky ID

None of these had an attachment or instruction to review any terms and conditions. 

Nothing went to spam. 

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@Ed.B. 

The email you got it clearly tells you by using My Sky you can see important documentation about your order

It's upto you to read that important documentation 

The Terms and Conditions are listed in your account in regards to product ordered

It says I can 'find all the information'.

There is nothing that says I must review and accept anything.

I know I'm being pedantic, facetious even. But when I signed up there was precisely zero mention of this condition that is unlike any other streaming service, and it is buried deep within some terms and conditions I am not required to read. 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ed.B. wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

@Ed.B. sorry but @Paul+Boland is correct Sky will have emailed you the contract documants the fact thst message went to spam or whatever is not their problem. You are bound by the terms of the contract you entered into the evidence of that is you pay Sky and use the service. Courts have power to rule specific contract terms as "unfair" and therefore unenforceable but that is pretty rare and Sky's contracts are pretty standard. 

Before I retired I used to manage advice centres and regularly our advisors had to explain the clients that not having read the small print doesnt mean they are not bound by it. 

They did not. 

I had the following 

• Your Sky order
  • Verify your sky ID

None of these had an attachment or instruction to review any terms and conditions. 

Nothing went to spam. 

Actually it does, it states check the app for all of the important documentation about your order.

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Ed.B. 

You posted a screenshot 

In that it clearly tells you by using My Sky you can see important documentation about your order

It's upto you to read that important documentation about your order 

Sky tells you that documentation it can be accessed by using My Sky 

Your Account is accessed by login to My sky 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ed.B. My order confirmation contained a link to the contract documents and I suspect yours did to.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Ed.B. 

You would also got a email listing services you have subscribed to as in what channels etc

You either not read that email or it's in your spam

@Dazzasky wrote:

@Ed.B. wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

They did not. 

I had the following 

• Your Sky order
  • Verify your sky ID

Nothing went to spam. 

Actually it does, it states check the app for all of the important documentation about your order.

Which could be anything.

Again, there is no indication of any terms that are being accepted that differ from every other streaming service on the planet. 

A court would rule that it is unreasonable to expect a customer, and don't forget many of Sky's customers are functionally illiterate, to trawl through pages and pages of terms and pick out this bizarre restriction. 

I'm bored of repeating myself. The long and short of it if sky intends to try and enforce this condition they need to make it very clear at point of sale. 

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@Ed.B. 

You would also got a email listing services you have subscribed to as in what channels etc

You either not read that email or it's in your spam

You mean this one. 

But it really isn't easy to find a contract in the app. I'm very tech savvy and can't find it. 

Screenshot_20221206-162954.jpg

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Ed.B. sorry but it is very easy to find the contract in the my Sky app open up the mysky app and click on the profile picture at the top left of your screen the contracts are stored under your profile 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

@Ed.B. Believe whatever you want but unless Sky have messed up there will be a reference to the T&Cs there certainly always have been in my own orders. If you look in the My Documents section ofvthe MY Sky app you  should find copies. That you have not chosen to read them is your issue but legally you are bound by them and my experience courts rarely intervene. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Laing1 wrote:

@Ed.B. sorry but it is very easy to find the contract in the my Sky app open up the mysky app and click on the profile picture at the top left of your screen the contracts are stored under your profile 

I've been a sky customer for thirty years and used the app for as long as it's been available. I never noticed a profile picture, and in fact all I have is an emoji. I certainly didn't know there was information therein. I was looking very hard, searching in all the main sections that I could see. 

Screenshot_20221206-180621.jpg

  

I'm not going to reply again, but one last time. 

This is a ridiculous restriction, especially to people with only one puck. 

If Sky want to impose terms on people with more than one puck, which I agree seems perfectly reasonable to stop the abuse of a premium service, they need to make this abundantly clear at point of sale AND in written communications. Just telling people there might be some important information buried deep in the T&C isn't enough. 

@Ed.B. in practice I doubt Sky can tell (or actually care) where you are using  your single puck assuming you are in the UK but moving it around is a breach of the T&Cs but this isnt the forum to discuss how to get round those. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Chrisee wrote:

@Ed.B. in practice I doubt Sky can tell (or actually care) where you are using  your single puck assuming you are in the UK but moving it around is a breach of the T&Cs but this isnt the forum to discuss how to get round those. 

Absolutely, one might say it's rather ill advised discussing ways of breaking terms and conditions of product usage on a forum owned by that very company that owns the product.. 🤔

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by panman0603 This message was authored by: panman0603

and here I am using my 4 Pucks at my one registered home address (as per the T&Cs)for the last month or so, from 2 different internet connections on 2 different IP addresses which too any automated system could look suspicous. Time will tell 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion