Discussion topic: Can u only watch a rented movie once??? I bought a movie last night and want to watch it tonight?

This message was authored by Christina0778 This message was authored by: Christina0778

Can u only watch a rented movie once??? I bought a movie last night and want to watch it tonight?

I bought a movie last night 

fell asleep so paused it ... went to watch it tonight and it won't allow me to press play ? 

surely for £5.50 a movie u get to see the end 

it did this with the last movie I rented ???

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Can u only watch a rented movie once??? I bought a movie last night and want to watch it tonight

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You have 7 days to start - once started you have 48 hours to watch it as many times as you like.

Sounds like you'll have to call to complain?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Can u only watch a rented movie once??? I bought a movie last night and want to watch it tonight

You have 7 days to start - once started you have 48 hours to watch it as many times as you like.

Sounds like you'll have to call to complain?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Christina0778
Topic Author
This message was authored by Christina0778 This message was authored by: Christina0778

thank you 

I started it at 10pm last night , so I will complain tomorrow 

thanks 🙂

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Christina0778, as advised by @PandJ2020 after you start watching a rented film you normally have 48 hours to watch again. If the movie has been pushed to your Sky box and does not require for it to be downloaded you will have 24 hours to watch instead.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Seems a bit unfair that the Pushed On Demand only gives 24 hours but you pay the same money. I'd certainly turn the Pushed On Demand off if it wasn't already.

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @Chloe-W22 

Thanks for being involved on the forum 

You are right of course, but it's extremely difficult for a regular customer to know this 

You know that I research for the article I wrote - 

Are Sky aware that at the moment if you go to rent a movie on a Sky Q box but before you do so, you click on the More Info tab to find a bit more about terms and conditions - there is nothing at all there and hasn't been since mid May  (at least on my box) 

Until then there were two pages of terms (but those did not clarify the 24/48 hours)

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi again @Chloe-W22 

The terms and conditions I look

at now just say 

"c. The timeframes in which you may watch Content you have rented may be limited to certain 'access periods'. For example, in the case of Content rented from the Service, once you start watching the rental Content, you must normally finish watching it within 48 hours."

Isn't this where the 24 hours "pushed to box " statement used to be ? Or is that somewhere else now ?

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion