Discussion topic: Can bluetooth interfere with 2.4ghz wifi

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Can bluetooth interfere with 2.4ghz wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just wondering can bluetooth devices interfere with 2.4ghz wifi.

Had a number of wifi drops today and i use a wifi analyser app to make sure nothing interfers.

Only thing popping up on bluetooth is a reference to kabola which appears to be a marine generator.  Pretty much par for the course where i live

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Can bluetooth interfere with 2.4ghz wifi

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yup, Bluetooth can interfere with 2.4Ghz wifi - it also operates on that band. Shouldn't cause any issues on 5Ghz though (at normal power outputs!)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Can bluetooth interfere with 2.4ghz wifi

@cookiemonsteruk a wifi analyzer app can only detect other wifi networks.. There are loads of other wireless systems using the 2.4GHz frequencies including Bluetooth, Zigbee, DECT phones etc as explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.4_GHz_radio_use.

You would need to use a spectrum analyzer to see everything that can cause wifi interference. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion