Discussion topic: "Ringfenced" account .c/o priority customers

This message was authored by Wibbly-Woo This message was authored by: Wibbly-Woo

"Ringfenced" account .c/o priority customers

I have just been told that my sky account has been "ringfenced" by priority customers

"I wanted to take this opportunity to remind you that your Sky account has been ringfenced to our team indefinitely.
This decision was made to ensure that we deliver a consistent and high level of service tailored specifically to your needs This is a business decision and our position will not change in this regard. "

I simply asked to be released from priority to allow me  to negotiate at the end of my contract in 2 months time and apparently they believe that I am not entitled to do so.....

I knew absolutely nothing about this "ringfencing" - All that I knew was that I had been passed  to "priority" about 5 years ago - because I was disabled and unable to negotiate on the phone..

All Replies

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wibbly-Woo This message was authored by: Wibbly-Woo

Re: "Ringfenced" account .c/o priority customers

My response ;

I have never heard of anything so stupid in my life.

I am a 60 year old person who just happens to be disabled

I have never informed sky that I wish to lose control of my sky TV account.

I have always dealt with my own finances (banking and investments) and to suddenly be told that, apparently I am not ENTITLED to deal with my own sky account myself – either implies that you have made a mistake over my name or personal details or perhaps this is a case of disability discrimination ?

Whatever – it beggars belief !!

Either way – unless you immediately return FULL control of my sky account to me – sky will find itself in extremely hot water.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wibbly-Woo  You're not addressing Sky customer services via the forum, we are all customers here.

If you have been registered with th Accessibility Team perhaps you could try contacting them via the channels here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky-accessibility

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

@GD1Accessible customers won't talk to me - because I am registered with Priority customers !!

And Priority customers are refusing to "release me".

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Wibbly-Woo wrote:

@GD1Accessible customers won't talk to me - because I am registered with Priority customers !!

And Priority customers are refusing to "release me".

There is not much you can do other that talk to Customer Priority, your account will more than likely stay ring-fenced

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

Has anybody ever heard of an account being ringfenced before ?

What were the circumstances ?

This cannot be discussed on the forum, you'll need to take it up with Sky elsewhere

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

"You have expressed that you believe that ringfencing someone's Sky account requires their permission and agreement. I can confirm this is not the case. If Sky as a business have decided that a customer's Sky account requires closer attention to management they may ringfence the Sky account to ensure that we are providing the best level of support required. This is not a decision that the customer would take part in, regrettably. Your account has been managed by this department since 2020 and we will continue to support you with your Sky account."

I was unaware until now - that my account had even been ringfenced.

Why would my account require closer inspection ?

(Removed)

Moderator note: Removed unfounded allegations

Again see my last post!!!!!

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

@Annie+UK 

Sorry - just venting my anger

I wondered whether any other sky customers had come across something so clearly wrong ?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Wibbly-Woo I've seen several .posts from customers who have been assigned to the Customer Priority team. I have gained,the impression that it's because of the way they have conducted their Sky affairs in the past but I've never sought confirmation of that from Sky. I don't believe it has anything to do directly with disability.  It is, as you say, Sky's decision, but I've never heard before of it obstructing a customer's ability to negotiate a discount.

You do, of course, have the ultimate sanction.

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

@Mark39

Yes I do have the ultimate sanction - I can cancel my account - but sky must realise that I don't really want to have to do that - hence they are not giving me any options

I have been a sky customer for 22 years - never had any reasons to complain and never  have had any complaints made against me !

I reckon that this is a case of mistaken identity (perhaps someone with a similar name) - but I can't get anyone higher up to look at this again.

it is apparently a "business decision" whatever that means

and to actually tell me: to STOP sending them emails in a NON UK way....

"Please refer back to our previous emails in relation to the your account being ringfenced, whilst I appreciate you are not happy with this decision, this is a business decision and your account will remain with ourselves as per the communication that was issued when being welcomed into the Priority team in June 2020.

We are happy to assist with your account and recontract if you would like to proceed with the offer's advised previously or cancellation at end of contract if this is how you wish to proceed. However we do wish for the email's to become unproductive as this will delay any resolution being put in place for yourself. "

Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

@Mark39 

I have been made to feel like I am under caution for some misdemeanour and am awaiting sentence.....

When the truth is - I am a 60 year old disabled customer with a perfect financial record, who has always paid my bills on time.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Wibbly-Woo wrote:

whilst I appreciate you are not happy with this decision, this is a business decision and your account will remain with ourselves as per the communication that was issued when being welcomed into the Priority team in June 2020.

@Wibbly-Woo 

Sky seem to be sticking firmly with that decision so as we're all fellow customers here there's nothing we can suggest that's going to encourage them to change their stance. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Wibbly-Woo
Topic Author

Who, exactly are?PRIORITY CUSTOMERS?

are they A UK based team? Or are they US based?

(Removed)

Moderator note: Removed unfounded allegations

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion