Discussion topic: help elderly relatives

This message was authored by Mrs+Moreton This message was authored by: Mrs+Moreton

help elderly relatives

hi there, i am hoping to help my mum renegotiate her existing contract because a lot of what she has is unecessary and costing her money she doesnt need to spend. What is the best way to add me to her account so that the account teams will discuss her account with me?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: help elderly relatives

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mrs+Moreton wrote:

What is the best way to add me to her account so that the account teams will discuss her account with me?

If you have her telephone password that will Sky will ask for you should be able to make the necessary changes for her but for cancelling and removing items she is the only person that can do this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Mrs+Moreton
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mrs+Moreton This message was authored by: Mrs+Moreton

hi there, thanks for this, much appreciate, and is this telephone password on her account somewhere, is it it something she would have set up herself at the time?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mrs+Moreton without ca telephone password, your mum will need to make the initial call so that Sky can verify her identity. She can then pass the phone to you for you to negotiate with Sky. On the same call, it would be wise to set up a telephone password with Sky which your mum can share with you, so that you can call independently on her behalf. That will allow you to do most things, but not to cancel.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mrs+Moreton 

The telephone password is just a password so the Sky agent can confirm they're speaking to the account holder or their representative. It's not noted on the account anywhere unless she's written it down anywhere. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion