Discussion topic: Why am I paying £48 a month for the basic package, when you are offering deals for £22 a month?

This message was authored by Stephannie1 This message was authored by: Stephannie1

Why am I paying £48 a month for the basic package, when you are offering deals for £22 a month?

I have been a Sky subscriber for many years.  My subscription has crept up month on month to £48 a month for the basic package.  I have tried and failed to find anyone at Sky to raise this with.  I regard the present advertising of deals for £22 a month as misleading and dishonest. Am I alone, or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Why am I paying £48 a month for the basic package, when you are offering deals for £22 a month?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stephannie1 

What you are seeing are deals for new customers which you aren't. You probably benefited from such a discount when you first joined as I did. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Why am I paying £48 a month for the basic package, when you are offering deals for £22 a month?

@Stephannie1 wrote:

I have been a Sky subscriber for many years.  My subscription has crept up month on month to £48 a month for the basic package.  I have tried and failed to find anyone at Sky to raise this with.  I regard the present advertising of deals for £22 a month as misleading and dishonest. Am I alone, or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Prices don't increase month on month. Have you actually spoken to a Sky adviser? What did,they say?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Stephannie1 wrote:

I regard the present advertising of deals for £22 a month as misleading and dishonest. 

Only the insurance industry (for house and car products) is required by its regulator to offer the same pricing to new customers as existing ones.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Stephannie1 wrote:

I regard the present advertising of deals for £22 a month as misleading and dishonest

That is for new customers of which you are not because when you joined Sky you would have benefited for a cheaper price that others at the time would not. So you now need to call Sky to see if they will offer you another discount if you agree to a new contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion