Discussion topic: Unauthorized use of my email to sign up for Sky

This message was authored by notaskycustomer74 This message was authored by: notaskycustomer74

Unauthorized use of my email to sign up for Sky

Someone signed up for Sky using my email, but I am not a Sky customer.  I'm not even located in the UK.  Sky's customer service is frustratingly stupid with regards to getting in touch with a person to have my email removed from this account. I have resorted to finishing registration for the Sky website (which I was able to do since my email was used) and am about to change the email on the account to something that will never be delivered, just to stop the emails I keep getting from Sky.

Before I do that, does anyone have a suggestion for how I can get in touch with anyone from Sky to get this fixed the right way?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Unauthorized use of my email to sign up for Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's unlikely that Sky accept your instructions even if you were to contact them, as you're not the customer using an incorrect email address. It's probably best simply to block emails you receive from Sky.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's unlikely that Sky accept your instructions even if you were to contact them, as you're not the customer using an incorrect email address. It's probably best simply to block emails you receive from Sky.

notaskycustomer74
Topic Author
This message was authored by notaskycustomer74 This message was authored by: notaskycustomer74

Thank you @Mark39 for your reply.  I don't know that I necessarily expected them to take my word for it, but wanted to at least try... but given the complete inability to converse with an actual human being from Sky on the subject, I won't waste more time on it.  Thanks again!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion