Discussion topic: Two Billing Skytv Accounts on my SKY ID

This message was authored by Caligula69 This message was authored by: Caligula69

Two Billing Skytv Accounts on my SKY ID

I have attempted to Ring Sky tonight however wait times are 40-100 min I created a previous post on Sky Q I joined as a new customer Sunday had skyq installed last Sunday first there was no sky cinema that we requested that was added later on but unable to activate paramount+  sky agent said wait 48 hours paramount + support just said keep trying activation link . I have now discovered on my sky ID the new sky tv account and an old one over 4 years old not removed . Remember hearing someone saying on here you won't get paramount+ if you have two sky tv accounts linked to one SKYID

can someone escalate this to a sky expert as I need my old account removed ? as it is showing active i also can't access MY SKY app as I should probably because of this old sky tv account linked to my SKY ID maybe once removed I can get what i have paid for without seeing mysky_2010 error messages . Thanks also curious to know why the account was not removed in the first place as over 4 years old and had not been active 

Best Answers
Caligula69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Caligula69 This message was authored by: Caligula69 Answer

Re: Two Billing Skytv Accounts on my SKY ID

Unfortunately not I may ring up

and see about them

Discounting paramount plus as we can't get it. As mentioned previously I can not buy any products online sky mobile or sky tv I have to use live chat as the same problem

manifests itself if I ring up. As mentioned previously I have been told it

will need a major software upgrade they believe it only affects

3% of their Customers . The Sky team is apologetic but there is nothing they can do .

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Caligula69 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to Caligula69, after a few checks we found this to be affected by a known dual billing issue which is being worked on already. 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Caligula69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Caligula69 This message was authored by: Caligula69

Hi , as we now know as I have dual billing accounts on my Sky account I can't get Paramount + and Sky Customer services have been very honest saying it affects a lot of customers and it will need a software upgrade . This is not going to happen anytome

soon . I understand the situation . and if I want paramount + I will pay for it . However I also have very limited functionality of the MySky app . I can see my bills but that's it . I can't access sky mobile offers or any deals as it says 'there is a problem with your account 'or it says 'it's not you its us please refresh '. Who do I need to talk to about the MySky app? or again is this an issue that's can't be solved . I can't buy or look at a product or take out sky protect just says problem with my account the only thing it lets me do is see my bill.  A phone number for the Sky app team or someone to pick this up online even better . 

This message was authored by RhiwbinaMike This message was authored by: RhiwbinaMike

Hi @Caligula69 

I'm also a recent re-joiner with this problem.

Has it been resolved for you yet, and what contact have you had from Sky support on this matter.

Seems a bit unfair that we are denied the paramount+ service due to a Sky software glitch. Have they offered to provide the service FOC until the problem is fixed.

Caligula69
Topic Author

@RhiwbinaMike . Thanks for reading my post . Unfortunately not they have been apologetic but are citing that they need a major software overhaul upgrade to sort this. I have had employees from the Sky ID Team , Customer Services etc  all involved no joy . Due to having duplicate accounts on my Sky TV this does not just affect my not receiving Paramount+ free of charge this also affects my Sky Account . I can not take up online offers through the sky website sky mobile , sky protect etc (says we have 'encountered a problem with your account ' so I missed out on Black Friday mobile offers)  on the My Sky App on mobile devices and through my SkyQ box. I can not see my Sky Tv bills on my SkyQ box . However because i have had a new SkyTv Account added I have got SkyTv discounts added to my subscription swings and roundabouts   Yes i am annoyed that I have limited functionality on my MySky App yes I am annoyed I have to live chat or ring up  to get things added though the live chat seems to be better agents on the Phone were saying if we add this you will lose this etc etc so I was directed to live chat I know it's bizarre lol  . We could start talking about where's the small print when they say Paramount+ free of charge for Sky Movies. This is not the front line Staffs fault this is to do with the Software Team at the very top not investing in a new upgrade . If you are not happy and your issue is definitely mirrored to mine you never know it might not be . I am sure if you want to change you mind they will remove sky cinema and maybe not charge you or you can do what I did just pay and get  paramount + seperate , price of an expensive coffee shop drink and just accept it's one of those things out of our control and move on into a positive frame of mind for the New Year . and hope we don't get hit hard by inflation prices when it comes to sky tv increases but that's for a different thread .

This message was authored by Nordale This message was authored by: Nordale

Hi, 

I have had the same issue for just over 3 years now, I have called a dozen times each over an hour long and being transfered to at least 4 derpartments every time, I have called again tonight for 1hour 45mins only to be transfered to a department that has gone home and the line was cut off.

If I stop paying I will be cut off, if I keep paying nothing is done, no win.

Has anyone had this problem fixed yet?

Thanks,

Tim.

@Lisa-P1987 @Greenfingers001 

This message was authored by Steve+Pearce This message was authored by: Steve+Pearce

Hi, I have the same problem with two billing accounts on my ID meaning I cannot check broadband account or view products etc... did you manage to sort this at all? 
thanks 

Caligula69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Caligula69 This message was authored by: Caligula69 Answer

Unfortunately not I may ring up

and see about them

Discounting paramount plus as we can't get it. As mentioned previously I can not buy any products online sky mobile or sky tv I have to use live chat as the same problem

manifests itself if I ring up. As mentioned previously I have been told it

will need a major software upgrade they believe it only affects

3% of their Customers . The Sky team is apologetic but there is nothing they can do .

This message was authored by Steve+Pearce This message was authored by: Steve+Pearce

@Caligula69 Thanks for letting me know. You would think that a company like Sky wouldn't have software problems like this! 

Hopefully you get your discount! 

This message was authored by Jaybee2 This message was authored by: Jaybee2

I've had this problem for a couple of years.  Every now and again I complain to Sky but nothing happens.

Whilst I can understand that providing a fix for customers who already have this problem could take a long time (especially if a major change to the IT system and architecture is required), I can't understand why Sky have not implemented a fix to stop this happening to any more customers.

Sky are losing business over this as we can't manage or change products online and we can't take advantage of online offers.  I recently had to order a puck by phone because online didn't work and was told I wouldn't get it for free as I'd ordered by phone.  A bit of escalation later, I ended up paying Sky for the puck and they then credited the amount to my account.  It's a farce!

I would have ordered broadband from Sky but as they couldn't give me a price unless I phoned, I went elsewhere to a company that operates online.

As Sky are not interested in fixing this problem, perhaps we should all take our complaints to CISAS.

Caligula69
Topic Author

@Jaybee2 I totally concur with everything you say believe me I do . missed all the Black Friday deals on sky because I couldn't buy online due to duplicate accounts .

my understanding is even though my previous account at my home address was removed that was never the case because they can not remove old dormant accounts . However when i rejoined last year they created another account I was classed as a new customer so I got a great deal (well i think it was ) now they have increased my sky by £6 so I get all in for £96 okay I don't get paramount+ like I should I  might try getting a discount on live chat next week . A major upgrade I believe would cause a

lot of disruption to their existing Customer database . I have spoke to escalations sky id team tech people they have tried to help but all they can do is apologise . This problem is not going to get sorted anytime soon if ever by all means if you wish to take it further I wish you all the best of luck keep us posted how you get on . 

Caligula69
Topic Author

Update : After persevering and refreshing screen I managed through the complaints section (the live chat became available which was a godsend because the function to send email to complaints the form would not 'submit try later' . ) to Live chat with Robert he has deducted £8 a month off my bill that increases in April 2023 . I would advise anyone on here that has issues to use live chat my path I think was my account-making a complaint-product or service complaint -sky tv - live chat maybe cut /paste what you have to say as the message chat box was misbehaving on my mobile device enclose your account number and remain calm . Empathy will be shown by the Agent I guarantee this will solve majority of us unique 3 per cent-ers 

This message was authored by Jimbobdink This message was authored by: Jimbobdink

I've got this issue plus a fault on my line. I'm getting 3mb/s when paying for 25+.  

Spent the last couple of weeks trying to get an engineer out.

due to an technical  error on my account and their internal system, all half a dozen  of the different people I have spoken to have failed to be able to book an appointment to come to my house. 

got through to someone new  on the accounts team who tried to delete my old one but still couldn't get it to work, as an aside  He said my line would only put out 8mb/s but theirs and loads of other websites say 35 is available. Can't get an engineer out to test it to prove it or otherwise. 

one of the 3% that's been impacted for years but now's the point I've had enough. Any ideas how to resolve once and for all ? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion