Discussion topic: Trying to get final bill adjusted to reflect cancelled service.

This message was authored by PWSKY This message was authored by: PWSKY

Trying to get final bill adjusted to reflect cancelled service.

So, I've spent an hour and a half on the "chat" this morning trying to get my final bill adjusted to reflect the cancellation of my Sky broadband. For some reason I keep being told that the bills are automatically generated but I don't understand why they can't be manually adjusted.

Anyway, The advisor was so keen to get rid of me that she finally suggested I cancel my direct debit to avoid paying the bill uneccesarily. Surely this is rather extreme and poor advice. If I cancel my direct debit will I be charged a missed payment fee? Will I be able to get the refund for the remaining days I've already paid for?

Also, if I don't cancel the DD and let the next payment go ahead, will I actually receive a refund when the next bill is due? It states that it will be credited to my account but what use is that when I have cancelled all my Sky services. 

Really not sure what is the best course of action. If only I could actually talk to someone!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Trying to get final bill adjusted to reflect cancelled service.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't believe Sky are able to customise bills for obvious reasons.

I agree it's poor advice to cancel your direct debit, as further charges may be due, and there will be no straightforward route for you to obtain a refund. It's alslo contrary to Sky's help here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/your-account/my-account-and-subscription/cancelling/cancel-my-subscrip...

Yes, you'll receive a refund of any charges made after the date your services end. That should automatically be repaid to your bank, providing you don't cancel your direct debit, within 6 weeks, or we can help you receive a manual refund within 5 days once the credit appears on your Sky account.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't believe Sky are able to customise bills for obvious reasons.

I agree it's poor advice to cancel your direct debit, as further charges may be due, and there will be no straightforward route for you to obtain a refund. It's alslo contrary to Sky's help here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/your-account/my-account-and-subscription/cancelling/cancel-my-subscrip...

Yes, you'll receive a refund of any charges made after the date your services end. That should automatically be repaid to your bank, providing you don't cancel your direct debit, within 6 weeks, or we can help you receive a manual refund within 5 days once the credit appears on your Sky account.

PWSKY
Topic Author
This message was authored by PWSKY This message was authored by: PWSKY

Thank you @Mark39 for your prompt response. 

Yes, I was very surprised that they would suggest I should cancel the direct debit. As you say, very poor advice given their rules and regs and that I may be charged extra due to doing this. 

I really don't understand how they can't manually adjust the bills based on the situation. Previously, when I renegotiated my contract they were able to adjust the bills while I was actually talking to them on the phone. So it seems they can actually do this if they want to and if it is to their own advantage. 

These days it just feels like they don't care about their loyal customers which is the main reason for leaving. 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion