Discussion topic: Sky security

This message was authored by rick+fowler This message was authored by: rick+fowler

Sky security

Been trying to talk to a human on chat for day every time I get sent through to the security question it says it's wrong and blocks me. When I know the answers are correct. It's really frustrating as my offers are ending which I had no emails about only discovered from an increase in bill payment. Now can't get through to chat to anyone. I have my passwords etc written down so I know I have them right. I had a issue where I couldn't access any of my accounts a couple of months ago and had to get sky to reset my account passwords, I've gone in and reset my own but still can't get in to chat to anyone. Such rubbish service when you can't talk to anyone.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky security

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you call Sky the password it wants is a telephone only one so it this what you are supplying ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Note that this is a password you set up specifically to talk to Sky on the phone. It's not a password related to your Sky account itself. Try saying nothing when you're prompted for your telephone password.

rick+fowler
Topic Author
This message was authored by rick+fowler This message was authored by: rick+fowler

This is on sky chat not phone when they send you to the secure section 

I'm pretty sure it is the same password they require so your telephone one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, @rick+fowler it's your telephone password that's required on a secure chat, as @caesarome posted.

rick+fowler
Topic Author

Still doesn't work I've even logged into sky and changed my password and doesn't let me in.

i changed the question it asked me to maiden name put that in and said it's wrong how when clearly I know what my maiden name is. It's like all the passwords have been changed from when I had the issue of being locked out of all of sky.

@rick+fowler wrote:

Still doesn't work I've even logged into sky and changed my password and doesn't let me in.

You can't change your telephone password online.

@rick+fowler wrote:

It appears you are using the wrong one as you can not use your online password or change that for this, it is your telephone password that you need to use.

This message was authored by PeteRed23 This message was authored by: PeteRed23

Hi, I pretty much have the same problem, I only want to cancel my disney subscription, when you try and do it via chat/help bot, it asks for security password, i've tried about 6 different ones now, fails , and gives you a list of numbers to ring. When you ring any of them though the recording says you can't be helped over the phone and to try the chat, so just in a cycle of not being able to speak to a human and paying for something unecessarily.

@PeteRed23 

You might be able to cancel Disney+ without phoning so for Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

This message was authored by PeteRed23 This message was authored by: PeteRed23

Thanks for the tip, not seen that screen before, but unfortunately it just lists the products and no option to select or cancel them.

I've emailed the complaints email address so hopefully will get a reply. I have managed to reset my security question in my skyid account, buy I don't know if that's the same thing as what is prompted on verification, and don't see how I can get it to reprompt me again now anyway to try again as just always remembers my last chat message where I'm unverified and need to phone.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion