Discussion topic: Sky cut me off instantly

This message was authored by codycub This message was authored by: codycub

Sky cut me off instantly

I decided to terminate my Sky contract today so I gave my 31 days notice today. Asking specifically that everything cuts May 19th. I can't bring myself to pay £87.50 per month for something offered to new customers for £38 a month. I can be loyal - just not stupid, I have been loyal for 24 years. I got an email confirming my TV would cut out TODAY, which it has indeed, and my phone and broadband will be cut tomorrow. How can this even happen? I am now seriously high and dry, unable to work without WiFi and with relatives overseas that now can't call me. Apparently it can't be reinstated for a week?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky cut me off instantly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you called Sky and spoken to them about this as something isn't right here as you should lose access to any service this quickly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@codycub wrote:

...I have been loyal for 24 years. I got an email confirming my TV would cut out TODAY, which it has indeed, and my phone and broadband will be cut tomorrow.

Odd. That would suggest it's not a mistake. Is there any background to this?

codycub
Topic Author

Online chat (saved screen shots) with Nikita at lunchtime agreeing 19 May for all services. I saved screenshots because they appeared very committed to broadband terminating in 14 days and TV in 31, I was suspicious my wishes would be disregarded. Email arrived ten minutes later terminating TV today and the rest tomorrow. I thought it must be a typo, however, the TV has cut out. So I called and they confirmed everything else is being cut tomorrow and they can't simply reverse it. They have said they will call tomorrow with an update, but I don't have much faith. I just received an email stating the complaint I made TODAY has now been live for 8 weeks....

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I think the chances are they might not call so you would need to call them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

The exact likelihood of a callback is precisely zero! Just won't happen. 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~
codycub
Topic Author

They did call me back. To get my services back would take at least a week and I would have to start a new 18 month contract - with added connection charges. Lost my phone number for me too. Livid. Off to Virgin for lower prices.

Await Skys response to my complaint with interest. This has been a complete disaster.  

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@codycub wrote:

Await Skys response to my complaint with interest. This has been a complete disaster.  

At the very least I would expect they won't charge/refund you for the notice period where you couldn't use the services?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion