Discussion topic: Sky customer service gone to pot?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky customer service gone to pot?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Roger17 wrote:

finding an actual list price for any Sky service without discount is next to impossible to find in the public domain.

Or you could look, as I said, at the bottom of the product ordering web page...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

If you look on sky there is very little there that is their own product. HBO own discovery and make series Sky supply such as game of thrones. HBO are owned by Warner brothers so have a massive library of films, broadcast in Dolby vision not Skys poor HDR rendering (if you are lucky not to have a Mk1 Sky Q box - another way existing customers aren't looked after). If you look at Sky's own films, the majority are not very good. The only thing Sky currently have is Sports, and going forward I can see the football not being exclusive and FI being available via an F1 app.

I disagree with the content on Netflix and Disney, they have some excellent films and series again in Dolby Vsion, and yes you can drop your subscription as required and rejoin when something else comes along you like. Netflix made $5.4 Billion profit in 2023 and Disney in the region of $30 Billion so they must be doing something right, both increasing on the previous year

@TimmyBGood It would be nice to visible not hidden away at the bottom of a webage, perhaps thats why I like upfront pricing and companies who do that and not those who don't.

Using massive contractual pages to hide cost is legal but not very user friendly. I know sky and thier little helpers wont change, its a bit like flogging a dead horse.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Roger17 wrote:

@TimmyBGood It would be nice to visible not hidden away at the bottom of a webage

I tend to agree: and ironically it's actually more unfortunate when the initial discounts are generous because that makes the shock of reverting to the actual product price so much more painful.

I've probably mentioned somewhere in this thread that Glass/Stream pricing was always intended to be more straightforward than the horrible mess that the legacy satellite platforms have become.

@TimmyBGood Unfortunatley it seems the same with Stream. I have been trying to get a price for Stream when my Q contract ends, evertime I look logged in it sends me to Glass, when I clear caches and go in as a new customer I get new customer prices, which I am never going to get, hence why I have researched legal ways of getting content I want and will probably leave after 25 years when my contract ends.

@Roger17 wrote:

@TimmyBGood Unfortunatley it seems the same with Stream. I have been trying to get a price for Stream when my Q contract ends, evertime I look logged in it sends me to Glass

Q customers in a current minimum term apparently get diverted to Glass rather than Stream because otherwise there's a temptation to attempt to try and order Stream on a rolling contract and then cancel immediately as a way to get early exit without penalty (which was briefly an actual loophole, long since closed)

@TimmyBGood I wouldn't want glass as I have 2 excellent OLED's that aside I did phone Sky as I had seen an excellent deal via GB news for stream that was not restricted to new customers only but it was online only, the adviser's said they could not match it and said a ticket would be raised to sort this out, obviously this was not sorted, and hence why I started looking at other alternatives to Sky stream and have found legal ways using my apple Tv's to stream the content I  want in a lot better quality (Dolby vision/HDR10+) than I would have ever got by Stream boxes. So after 25 years I will almost certainly leave when my contract ends, and I will also save myself quite a lot of money as well.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion