Discussion topic: Sky called me today to offer a discount

This message was authored by Jenelk This message was authored by: Jenelk

Sky called me today to offer a discount

I had a call supposedly from Sky offering me a discount on my account as I had been with Sky for a long time. It sounded feasible but I was cautious and didn't go for a £20 discount. I wanted the info to be sent to me but they couldn't do that. I had to decide there and then if I wanted to accept it. I decided that I couldn't make a decision because she then told me She could give me a discount on the broadband. Then the amount she offered first was then more than she offered me first time. She apologised and said she'd phone back tomorrow. Is this genuine or is it a scam. She's got the details on my account so do I need to change anything.?

The number she phoned me from was 0800 number 

Can anyone give me advice? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky called me today to offer a discount

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You are right to be cautious as there so many scam calls going around so if it was a legit call then hopefully she will call you back and if she doesn't you could give Sky a call yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

It seems like it could be genuine.

Personally, if you're looking for an in-contract discount then contact them and negotiate.

The scam callers will ask for your account password - as this is how they compromise your account generally.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

You are right to be cautious as there so many scam calls going around so if it was a legit call then hopefully she will call you back and if she doesn't you could give Sky a call yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@caesarome wrote:

I'd definitely prefer the latter.

Some scammers are particularly organised nowadays - and will maintain the scam by taking notes and actually calling back.

I do like the ones that keep calling me back and calling me Mr Mickey Mouse...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion