Discussion topic: Sky Q equipment returned - delivered to NDC Parcel Hub in Nov 23 but non-return fee now charged

This message was authored by Maz67 This message was authored by: Maz67

Sky Q equipment returned - delivered to NDC Parcel Hub in Nov 23 but non-return fee now charged

Sorry for the long rant.

We changed to Sky Glass last Oct.  Returned Sky TV router etc. in the packaging provided.  Had various conversations over whether or not it had been received as they kept e-mailing and texting me after it had been picked up by Royal Mail.  Then I got multiple messages on the same day in November 23 in My Sky thanking me for returning the kit, which was now with their courier.

Received e-mail recently to say that since we hadn't returned the goods we were being charged.  £100 was deducted from our bank last Wednesday, on the top of our normal broadband DD.

I called last Thursday and spoke to Monica, who advised that she would process the refund and it would come into my bank in 3 - 5 days.  I wanted to speak to a manager as this had been going on for so long, so she promised me a call back.  NO CALL WAS RECEIVED.

I received an e-mail on Friday to confirm the return into my bank in 3 - 5 days.

i called on Sunday to speak to a manager as I was not impressed with the lack of call back.  Lisa told me a manager would definitely call me back that same day.  She also advised that Monica had told me the wrong info and that a refund would NOT be coming to me in 3 - 5 days.  It apparently has to be credited to my broadband account (since the Sky TV account is now closed after moving to Sky Glass).  They can then apply to have this sent to my bank.  Lisa was not really bothered about the fact that another staff member had given me the wrong info and said that this is the process, end of story.

NO CALL WAS RECEIVED AGAIN

Today I e-mailed a complaint and received a reply to say that we have not returned the items so we are being charged.  When I go into my account Sky confirm that they processed the refund on 19th April, but say that we STILL owe this £100 so it will be carried forward to our next bill.  I other words they have refunded us but not waived the charges.

What on earth is going on? 

- Royal Mail confirm the item was returned in Nov 23

- Sky confirmed receipt of the items in Nov 23

- We are being charged for non return of the 2 mini boxes  but not the 1TB box which was in the same packaging!  So they've apparently received part of a package...

- We're getting a refund, or maybe it will come at some stage, but they're still looking for the money.

- We've been promised 2 call-backs that haven't come

- Monica offered me £15 in Tesco vouchers as compensation.  I advised that it would cost us about £40 to get to the nearest Tesco so that's no real help to us.  No other offers were made.

Can someone please help me get this sorted out??

Thanks, 

Marion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Q equipment returned - delivered to NDC Parcel Hub in Nov 23 but non-return fee now charged

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maz67 do you have proof of posting? That would make it simpler to sort out. We can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here via a private online chat to see if they can help, if you wish.

Maz67
Topic Author

Re: Sky Q equipment returned - delivered to NDC Parcel Hub in Nov 23 but non-return fee now charged

Hi Mark,

All I have is online confirmation from Royal Mail that they delivered the parcel.  I tried to get a signed POD last year but they couldn't give me this as I didn't know the address that I had sent it to. I thought I had the right address but they told me it wasn't what was showing on their system and I couldn't find out what address would have been on the packaging! (I tried asking someone in Sky but they couldn't help.)

Then i got about 9 messages on the same day confirming that Sky had the package so I stopped trying.

Thanks,

Marion

@Maz67 would you like us to ask Sky's messaging team to contact you to see if they can help?

Maz67
Topic Author

Yes please

Ok, I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and a private message inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Maz67.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion