Discussion topic: SKY F1 Offer 2021?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Re: SKY F1 Offer 2021?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just got this deal by going online and signing up for the £18 per month deal on a 31-day rolling contract, which somehow get's converted into a £3 per month deal on an 18 month contract.

f1 deal.jpg  20210324_092315.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by Afhussain This message was authored by: Afhussain

Could you please give some more information about how you got that? I tried to select the £18 a month option for the F1 channel but when I get to checkout it is still showing it as £18 a month on a 30 day rolling contract. A step by step guide would be greatly appreciated

This message was authored by Presley1099 This message was authored by: Presley1099

Blimey! That looks promising. 

Could you tell us exactly how you managed this please, when I click on it and it goes to checkout, it's still saying £18

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Not all offers are available to everyone - they may be limited availability or based on subscription history, etc.

This message was authored by ac173 This message was authored by: ac173

Where they out of contract to get that deal? 

I rang sky today and the advice was to sit tight and wait for an offer. The advisor thought the 18 pound charge was excessive and even apologised to me! Apparently, you're more likely to get an offer if you've previously had the F1 channel.  Make sure you DON'T pay the 18 pounds. Sky need to understand that their customers will not accept such a high charge

wvbarnes
Topic Author
This message was authored by wvbarnes This message was authored by: wvbarnes

I have to say that after thirty years of continuously paying SKY this is the poorest and most inconsistent yet! Telling us to wait does not sit well with my wife who expects me to have F1 on the telly from Friday.

I offered to pay for F1 for 18 months contract in return for a better price but was told I couldn't do that! It is pot luck who you get if you call and now it seems roll the fruit machine to see if you get three sour grapes for £18 or three cherries and £3 a month. Ten dollars in the USA for the full Pro service where Comcast and Liberty hail from!

I know it's difficult but I've resigned myself to watching the highlights on channel 4. 

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@Presley1099 wrote:

Could you tell us exactly how you managed this please, when I click on it and it goes to checkout, it's still saying £18

I just selected the £18 per month, 31 day contract option, and after selecting it it changed to the £3 per month, 18 month contract option. Last year I did have the Sports Complete Pack, so maybe it's giving me the offer because on that history. Or maybe it's because of my other subscriptions?

1.jpg

Whatever it is, I'm happy to be paying £3 a month for 18 months

TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by Trevos2u This message was authored by: Trevos2u

Have tried playing around with different things, but no luck on the F1.

Did get multiscreen for £10 a month with a free box.... but i haven't taken it up as wouldn't watch tv elsewhere. 
Also had the ultra HD free, but small print says free for 3 months, then £4 a month..... also if i took the ultra HD it would also bump multiscreen to £13 a month. 
Screenshot 2021-03-24 17.00.30.pngScreenshot 2021-03-24 16.53.59.png

This message was authored by Unhappy+Pete This message was authored by: Unhappy+Pete

I'm disgusted at how much they think they can charge for the F1 channel. I'm not paying £18 a month. I think they are doing this because they are going to lose the exclusive rights in 2024, milk it while they can. I'm going to stream from a country where it's free to air and listen to the commentary on BBC Radio 5live.

Well done for ruining the F1 sky!

This message was authored by Presley1099 This message was authored by: Presley1099

Firstly, big thankyou to @Anonymous for posting the screenshots, it's been a huge help.

Yesterday, I spoke to the Values Team at Sky on the phone. They asked me to send them the screenshot of the F1 £3 a month offer. They've promised me that they can give me the same offer. So, they've signed me up (it's on my sky app) for £18 and then within 72 hours, this will be adjusted to £3. I checked my app today, and it's gone down to £10 (???) I've phoned them back this afternoon, and they've said "Don't worry, it'll go down further to £3 over the next 48 hours. So my advice is, call sky and ask to speak to the Values Team.  They are really helpful and nice to talk to, I just wish we all didn't have to jump through hoops all the time.

Apologies, that tag should have been @@tarbat 

wvbarnes
Topic Author
This message was authored by wvbarnes This message was authored by: wvbarnes

Mind numbing!

Isn't it just......I needed a lie down afterwards!!

Isn't it just......I needed a lie down afterwards!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion