Discussion topic: Returning Sky TV customer. Should I be charged for period between signing up and engineer visit?

This message was authored by Ribbleman30 This message was authored by: Ribbleman30

Returning Sky TV customer. Should I be charged for period between signing up and engineer visit?

Signed up for new Sky Q TV contract on 1st Sept., after responding to personal email offering a good deal, which I am happy wth. My query is, should I be charged for period until engineer visit (26th.Sept.) to install Sky Q box and mini-box?  Is this normal to be charged for a full service during this period when I have no boxes! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Returning Sky TV customer. Should I be charged for period between signing up and engineer visit?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

In that case your TV service subscription should start on the day the engineer visited and activated your viewing card.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Returning Sky TV customer. Should I be charged for period between signing up and engineer visit?

As far a sim aware your billing shouldn't start until your service is activated which would be done once your equipment is installed and setup.

Billing shouldn't start on the date the contract was agreed if you require an engineer visit or equipment to be sent to you.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Ribbleman30 

What services do you already have from Sky as billing for Sky Q shouldn't start until the viewing card has been activated in the box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Ribbleman30
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ribbleman30 This message was authored by: Ribbleman30

@caesarome 

@MarkGoldsmith 

Have a Sky mobile contract. Previously had Sky Q but then went to BT for two years. Had no Sky services until engineer visit three weeks approx. after  signing up. The advisor I spoke with at the time said I 

would be able to watch sport on laptop/ tablet immediately (Sky Go?) although that wasn't much use to

me. Obviously I had no TV boxes. Maybe that's why I have been charged for a full service? It's certainly not what I expected. I guess I will have to call someone!

@Ribbleman30 wrote:

Had no Sky services until engineer visit three weeks approx. after  signing up.

So what was this engineer's visit for as it isn't clear from what you have said so far when your Sky box was or going to be installed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ribbleman30
Topic Author

@caesarome 

To clarify: The engineer's visit was to install the Sky Q box and multi-screen box. The engineer brought

both  boxes with him. I had no boxes or viewing card prior to this. The date was advised to me when I signed up.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

In that case your TV service subscription should start on the day the engineer visited and activated your viewing card.

NOT a Sky Employee

If the engineer installed your box on 26th September then that is when you should be charged from as it starts from when the viewing card is activated. This should be what appears on your bill.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion