Discussion topic: Request for Contract Cancellation and Refund

This message was authored by Muhammad_Khan This message was authored by: Muhammad_Khan

Request for Contract Cancellation and Refund

I will be moving out of my current property at the end of August, with the exact date yet to be confirmed. As such, I would like to inquire about the procedure for cancelling my current contract with SKY. Please provide me with the necessary steps and any other procedures involved in the cancellation process.

Additionally, when my contract commenced, I had only requested the installation of broadband (internet) services. However, during the setup, the sales representative from SKY persuaded me to install SKY TV as well. Regrettably, I have recently noticed charges for SKY TV services, which I do not use.

I kindly request your assistance in cancelling the SKY TV service and arranging for a refund for the charges incurred for this service. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Request for Contract Cancellation and Refund

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Muhammad_Khan  You're not talking to Sky customer services via the community, this is a customer helps customer forum.

To cancel part or all of your services you need to call Sky,  if you are still in a minimum term/discounted period Sky m,ay not accept the cancellation request.

To cancel you need to give 14 days notice for broadband and 31 days notice for TV, I'm not sure what refund you are expectng from Sky as you should have cancelled the TV service within the cool off period of 31 days, therefore they won't refund you due to not using a services, when you agreed the new deal you would have been emailed exactly what you agreed to.

If it's simply due to you moving you will need to take services with you if still in the minimum term.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Muhammad_Khan  You're not talking to Sky customer services via the community, this is a customer helps customer forum.

To cancel part or all of your services you need to call Sky,  if you are still in a minimum term/discounted period Sky m,ay not accept the cancellation request.

To cancel you need to give 14 days notice for broadband and 31 days notice for TV, I'm not sure what refund you are expectng from Sky as you should have cancelled the TV service within the cool off period of 31 days, therefore they won't refund you due to not using a services, when you agreed the new deal you would have been emailed exactly what you agreed to.

If it's simply due to you moving you will need to take services with you if still in the minimum term.

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
(UK) https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number
(ROI) on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Stay on the line and don’t hang up if prompted to. Apparently the quieter times to ring are just after 7am or about 9pm.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

If you are past your cooling off period then you are likely to be bound by the minimum term (18/24 months) unless sky agree to cancel.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Muhammad_Khan  You almost certainly won't receive a refund for any tv subscription costs, as while sky may have persuaded you to subscribe you ultimately had the right to refuse such service 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Muhammad_Khan you are not speaking to Sky here, the forum is manned mainly by fellow customer and the few Sky staff here cannot action cancellations.

To cancel any services you need to call Sky and give the relevent notice period(14 days for broadband and 30 days for TV), as you willingly entered into a TV contract its unlikely Sky will refund any charges for that service regardless of whether you have used it or not.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Muhammad_Khan  Your duplicate thread created in the broadband forum has been removed, you don't need to post across multiple areas of the forum requesting the same thing as this is considered spamming.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Muhammad_Khan 

Unfortunately thats not how contracts work. If you are within minimum term you will be required to pay cancellation charges for both your broadband & TV services. Just because you were 'pursuaded' to take out Sky TV as well & now regret it, this doesnt give you the right to cancel a minimum term contract & especially does not give you the right to get a refund on previous months of service. 

The appropriate procedure is to contact Sky and arrange a 'Home Move' where your services will be moved to your new property. Doing this will ensure you dont pay any cancellation charges & instead will continue to pay your monthly charges. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion