Discussion topic: Re: Cancelled contract but still showing active

This message was authored by Rupesh1974 This message was authored by: Rupesh1974

Re: Cancelled contract but still showing active

Hi

I had cancelled all my sky subscription and returned all the equipments also about 3 months ago. But still i was getting messages that bill is overdue. Last month on 2 sept i called them and paid all the overdue £53 pount even though i had not used any services. Informed the agent to cancel all the services. Today again on 10/10/2024 i have received message that £43 is overdue and if not paid £53 will be charged after some time.

What should i do as I have not used any services now since 4 months and i have paid

July £43 debited directly

Aug £43 debited directly

Sept £ 53 paid to settle the overdue

Today again they are asking £43

I am now really stressed and don't understand where to go.

Can i complaint to police about this ? or where can i go and compaint ? PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rupesh1974 wrote:

Can i complaint to police about this ? or where can i go and compaint ? PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

This isn't a police issue.

You can and should put in a complaint here:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rupesh1974 wrote:

I had cancelled all my sky subscription and returned all the equipments also about 3 months ago.

How did you cancel and did you get confirmation of such?

The Police will not intervene.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Beebop77 This message was authored by: Beebop77

I isn't a police issue. However, I feel your pain. I had exactly that issue.

it's a glitch that happens when for some reason the back-end system doesn't communicate or someone hasn't correctly cancelled your contract.

what you do need to do and it's a hassle is phone Sky direct and have a proper conversation with a customer service agent. 

I tried cancelling over the chat feature and the person said they'd cancelled it but hadn't. Also, with the sky equipment... if the billing hasn't been cancelled, you will be automatically charged for it. Regardless of whatever you're told - I was told this by the operator at Sky.

They reviewed all the communication on my account and could see that it was cancelled by the agent. But, they hadn't done it correctly. As a result, my front-end (the account that you see when you log in). Said cancelled but, my bills still said 'active.'

the call lasted 10 mins and was sorted. However, I did need to phone back up to have the equipment, that I HAD returned, credited to my account.

i just wouldn't bother with the chat agents as they mostly don't understand your issues unless it's a general enquiry - which can be easily sorted by google or Sky community anyway. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion