Discussion topic: Promised things by Sky twice and both times its not been done. Now my account has been restricted!

This message was authored by Shopkeeper This message was authored by: Shopkeeper

Promised things by Sky twice and both times its not been done. Now my account has been restricted!

I've been a continuous customer with Sky for over 24 years and re-contracted with Sky last month. I then discovered that Sky had charged me 3 x £10 admin charges. I contacted Sky and after a 30-minutes wait on the phone, I finally spoke to an advisor, who promised to refund two of the charges. 

Needless to say, this didn't happen. 

I'm self employed and have been waiting for some payments to come in. I knew that I would not be able to cover my direct debit, so I spoke to another advisor yesterday, who agreed that I could make a part payment and pay the balance next Friday. He also promised to remove the £20 charges mentioned previously.

Today, Sky still haven't refunded the wrongly applied charges, have restricted my account and added another £10 charge!

Now I can't speak to anyone at Sky, without first paying the balance outstanding plus the extra charges (now 3 of them) Can anyone suggest how I can speak to someone to resolve this issue please? Sky customer service is truly abysmal and this is no way to look after a long standing customer.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Promised things by Sky twice and both times its not been done. Now my account has been restrict

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shopkeeper 
If your services have been restricted because of a missed payment (and it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), any calls to Sky will direct you to make the payment. Sky won’t reinstate your services until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will need to pay the next bill as well.

If you can’t pay it all in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Contrary to what you were led to believe Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. It’s also worth noting that payments aren’t processed at a weekend as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Promised things by Sky twice and both times its not been done. Now my account has been restrict

Unless i'm mistaken i didn't think genral Sky customer service agents had the ability to make promises and allow for part repayment of bills. I thought this was an automated system that kicked in and automatically suspended accounts that had overdue bills, that the customer services agents couldn't revert or do anything about.

If thats is indeed true and you have clearly been lied to by the Sky customer services team  i'd recommend raising an officiant complaint with Sky once you have got this situation resolved (https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints)

Sky will have access to the phone call recording you had with them so they can certainly check to see if you were made promises that were provided or that the agent had no power to offer.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Shopkeeper 

I forgot to add - restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Shopkeeper wrote:

I finally spoke to an advisor, who promised to refund two of the charges. 

Needless to say, this didn't happen. 

Despite what you were told what might have happened is they could have applied the £20 as a credit to your account so if it doesn't appear in your next bill then check your future ones to see if it has appeared.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion