Discussion topic: Price increase for elderly

This message was authored by kc60 This message was authored by: kc60

Price increase for elderly

My elderly mother has just found out that her broadband talk package is increasing fro £77 to £86.50. I have telephoned Sky and have come across a very unhelpful and hard to understand customer service advisor. Asking for advice on who I can contact on this matter 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Price increase for elderly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kc60 

That amount seems extremely high just for Broadband and Sky Talk. Are they the only Sky services she subscribes to? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@kc60 

That amount seems extremely high just for Broadband and Sky Talk. Are they the only Sky services she subscribes to? 

Sky customer since 2001
kc60
Topic Author

She is being charged £14 for sky talk and £35.50 for broadband rest is her basic subscription £37. So annoyed as she is housebound and lives alone

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@kc60 

So that amount includes TV which is more reasonable. Discounts may have recently expired or be ending very soon. Sky will have told her the date the discount was ending when she took it out. You/she could compare a previous bill to her latest bill and see where the amounts differ
www.sky.com/bill.

If the discount has ended she will need to contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal which will require another 18 month minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer her another discount so if she is offered something acceptable she needs to agree to it there and then because if she decides to think about it or liaise with you first the offer may no longer be available when she call back.

Either call Sky again or use the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

Sky customer since 2001
kc60
Topic Author

Thank you for your help, I will contact Sky again to get further information 👍

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@kc60 

Sky, like most service providers, does not offer reductions based simply on age.

For broadband and voice telephony (but not subscription television) there's the Social Tariff scheme which is open to those in receipt of certain state benefits.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
kc60
Topic Author

Thank you 👍

This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

We had similar with my mother in law, Sky as usual was not prepared to do a deal so I looked on money saving expert and got her all inclusive calls (incuding to mobiles) and broadband for around £25 a month. Before the experts on here come back with the usual snide comment of "she would have a good discount when she took our her contract" she didnt because she was a customer before they only offerd deals to new customers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion