Discussion topic: Possible scam phone calls

This message was authored by Lynn+Road This message was authored by: Lynn+Road

Re: Possible scam phone calls

Beware, I had a call from Sky Assured. It's a scam. Once I started to question him he rang off.

This message was authored by tennis4015 This message was authored by: tennis4015

Just hand a call from Sky Maintenance saying my maintenance contract had expired. I said I didn't have a contract and they insisted I did. I told them I would phone Sky direct to check this and they said I could do that and they terminated the call. Definitely a scam. 

This message was authored by stevem61 This message was authored by: stevem61

• Hi sky assured maintenance defo scam call as i dont have sky and still got a call,and soon gave up when i told them that,probably will attempt to get bank details to charge for worthless plan.Also regulated calls are blocked on my home phone,so someone not care about regulations.
This message was authored by Lyn18 This message was authored by: Lyn18

Today I received a very assertive phone call telling me I took out a mandatory Sky Maintenance Contract and it was due for renewal today.  She knew my post code and said information had been sent out in March to which I had not responded.  She said there would be a financial penalty if I didn't renew.  I told her I had no contract and was recording the call.  I aske d her to send me the paperwork again and she said she couldn't as today was the last chance to renew.  In the end she got fed up with my challenging her and hung up.  She was very convincing but how did she know my post code and full address.  A little concerning.  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lyn18 wrote:

She was very convincing but how did she know my post code and full address.  A little concerning.  

Electoral register, perhaps/

This message was authored by WelshMark This message was authored by: WelshMark

Re: Sky Assured

Just called me ~ out of the blue ~ female offers me 1 year or 2 year renewal, with discounts on my 'current' maintenance for Sky. Trouble was the figure she quoted me that I was paying by Direct Debit was way out, when I pointed this out she had an answer -taxes etc. NOTE she confirmed that this company is offering me £100 for 12 months or £160 for 24 months but would take FULL payment immediately. I said goodbye & hung up. The telephone no 0131 xxxxxxxxxxx is live & when dialed took me to Television Maintenance. So not really a scam, but a cold call selling ploy trying to get more cash out of me in one go than my DDs.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion