Discussion topic: Please help! URGENT! Been resteicted and cant speak to anyone even though i called them before

This message was authored by Sarah1989 This message was authored by: Sarah1989

Please help! URGENT! Been resteicted and cant speak to anyone even though i called them before

Please help! I'm going through alot atm and struggled to pay my bill for last month, I called them to say I wasn't going to be able to pay and would I be able to receive a grace period to pay my bill.... they lady said yes of course because I called before my services were restricted. They agreed to keep me connected until the 3rd Sept when I could make payment but I've realised they've cut me off and now I can't contact anyone. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME 😭 

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Please help! URGENT! Been resteicted and cant speak to anyone even though i called them before

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sarah1989  You were ill informed sky do not do grace periods regardless of what you were told 

now service is restricted the following applies with no exceptions as they apply to all customers regardless of circumstances 

If your account is restricted then unless you can get through via a number not linked to your account or by putting 141 before sky’s number then unfortunately you will need to do one of the following in order to remove the restrictions as sky won’t take your call until you do

1. Pay the outstanding balance in full (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/pay#M1014) and setup a new continuous payment method (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-method#M1014) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Or

2. Pay all bar £25 (use the link posted above)(the unpaid £25 will be added to the next bill) and setup a new continuous payment method (use the link posted above) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Two important points about option 2

1. There is no guarantee that it will work as it depends on payment history

2. It is not applicable to mobile accounts

If your more than two weeks late in paying sky will insist on you paying next months bill in advance as well before restoring services

It is also important to note that sky don’t do payment plans I’m afraid (except on a legitimately closed account)

If you disagree with the billed amount it’s advised to pay it first to get service restored then you will be able to contact sky to dispute it and should sky agree an error has been made they will refund any overpayment

important note: if no payment is made within 56 days of payment due date of the last unpaid bill, Sky could cancel your account automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Please help! URGENT! Been resteicted and cant speak to anyone even though i called them before

@Sarah1989  You were ill informed sky do not do grace periods regardless of what you were told 

now service is restricted the following applies with no exceptions as they apply to all customers regardless of circumstances 

If your account is restricted then unless you can get through via a number not linked to your account or by putting 141 before sky’s number then unfortunately you will need to do one of the following in order to remove the restrictions as sky won’t take your call until you do

1. Pay the outstanding balance in full (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/pay#M1014) and setup a new continuous payment method (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-method#M1014) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Or

2. Pay all bar £25 (use the link posted above)(the unpaid £25 will be added to the next bill) and setup a new continuous payment method (use the link posted above) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Two important points about option 2

1. There is no guarantee that it will work as it depends on payment history

2. It is not applicable to mobile accounts

If your more than two weeks late in paying sky will insist on you paying next months bill in advance as well before restoring services

It is also important to note that sky don’t do payment plans I’m afraid (except on a legitimately closed account)

If you disagree with the billed amount it’s advised to pay it first to get service restored then you will be able to contact sky to dispute it and should sky agree an error has been made they will refund any overpayment

important note: if no payment is made within 56 days of payment due date of the last unpaid bill, Sky could cancel your account automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Unfortunately the advise you were given by the customer services agent was incorrect.

Sky have an automated process and we have been told agents cannot manually override, which will restrict services should a bill be overdue.

The only way to remove the restriction is to pay the bill and setup a new continuous payment method or direct debit on your account ( as a restriction usually leads to whatever has setup being removed).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion