Discussion topic: Paid my bill of £75 yesterday morning 24th then at 10:05pm the same day sky took another £75

This message was authored by CH20023 This message was authored by: CH20023

Paid my bill of £75 yesterday morning 24th then at 10:05pm the same day sky took another £75

Yesterday morning 24th my Sky bills was due I paid £34.50 for my broadband and £75 for my Sky Glass TV. Then at 10:05pm the same day 24th Sky took another £75 making that £150 in total for the Sky Glass TV. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem before or anything. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: Paid my bill of £75 yesterday morning 24th then at 10:05pm the same day sky took another £75

@CH20023 wrote:

Yesterday morning 24th my Sky bills was due I paid £34.50 for my broadband and £75 for my Sky Glass TV. Then at 10:05pm the same day 24th Sky took another £75 making that £150 in total for the Sky Glass TV. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem before or anything. 

Billing glitches can happen. You need to ring Sky to get clarification on whether this is an error or whether it's to do with a change in billing cycles. We are just fellow customers on here and have no access to your account details. 

CH20023
Topic Author

Re: Paid my bill of £75 yesterday morning 24th then at 10:05pm the same day sky took another £75

I've had Sky employees on here help me before that's why I've come here with my problem I've tried calling sky and I've not been able to get through it just takes to to an automated call each time I try to get through to an actual person 

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@CH20023 wrote:

I've had Sky employees on here help me before that's why I've come here with my problem I've tried calling sky and I've not been able to get through it just takes to to an automated call each time I try to get through to an actual person 

Yes, phoning Sky is never fun. You'll need to wait for a Sky employee to pick up this thread or for someone with greater powers than I to escalate it. Good luck. 

CH20023
Topic Author

Such a hassle and thanks 

CH20023
Topic Author

Sky took extra money out

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky took extra money out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CH20023  If you have a dirct debit setuo already then you should never make a manual payment as this will not stop the scheduled payment from being taken.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

CH20023
Topic Author

I never pay by direct debit it's all manual payments that's why am confused and annoyed. I've called multiple times with no luck. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@CH20023 wrote:

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem before or anything. 

Plenty have because like you they have made a manual payment when an automatic payment method like a direct debit or card payment is setup on the account of which Sky takes the money by so there should not be the need to make this payment as you have done, this will now go on your account as a credit and can be used to pay next months bill or you can call Sky when you see the credit so they can refund it to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
CH20023
Topic Author

Like I said none of that is set up on my account for that exact reason I pay all my bills manually I do not do direct debit or anything like that for the simple fact that stuff like this can happen 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The terms and conditions do state that you must have a payment method setup so could it be that Sky are using your details to take the payment ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@CH20023 wrote:

Like I said none of that is set up on my account for that exact reason I pay all my bills manually I do not do direct debit or anything like that for the simple fact that stuff like this can happen 

Any payment method can be stored and used to make automatic payments (as per the T&C's).

Making manual payments doesn't stop automatic ones if they have been requested.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@CH20023 wrote:

It has happened because you made an unnecessary manual payment. It looks like the same thing happened last month. I doubt Sky would have completed your Sky Glass order without you setting up an automatic payment, as it's required in the terms and conditions you agreed to. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@CH20023  Not sure why you created 2 threads for the same issue, these have been merged as replies are being duplicated.

Creating duplicate threads is unnecessary for the reasons provided above.

You were also advised about making manual payments last month in this thread https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Account-Billing/Sky-tv-bill/td-p/4494240  but you seem to have ignored the advice provided in that thread and made another manual payment.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion