Discussion topic: Paid money into old sky account by mistake

This message was authored by sophiemcnichol26 This message was authored by: sophiemcnichol26

Paid money into old sky account by mistake

Hey, I have two emails I use and recently logged into my sky account to manually pay my bill which was due last week btw, I signed into an old account and paid the bill only to realise this isn't my current sky account, I need the money back to pay the bill as I can't afford to pay twice will I get the money back or be able to transfer the money to my current sky account? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Paid money into old sky account by mistake

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you have multiple subscriptions with Sky as usually an old account would have been closed so you would not be able to make the payment. But as you have you will need to call Sky and ask them to refund this to you, to prevent this from happening again you might what to set up a direct debit so you don't have to login and manually pay the bill yourself each month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
sophiemcnichol26
Topic Author
This message was authored by sophiemcnichol26 This message was authored by: sophiemcnichol26

Thanks for reply, the account is closed but I was still able to make a payment. No I only have 1 active subscription I will give them a call tomorrow hopefully they can transfer money over.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sophiemcnichol26  Sky definitely won't be able to transfer the money between your Sky accounts only transfer it back to your bank which will take 3-5 working days leaving you to pay sky again 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Liverpoolgirl23 This message was authored by: Liverpoolgirl23

Update: I had to pay to reinstate my sky subscription to be able to speak to someone, once I got through they said I couldn't get a refund on the money in my closed account and to go through my bank as a charge back. Has anyone ever heard of this? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion