Discussion topic: Paid £5 for advert free but it does not work. Trying to cancel. Any ideas please?

This message was authored by Debssy This message was authored by: Debssy

Paid £5 for advert free but it does not work. Trying to cancel. Any ideas please?

Trying to cancel the £5 per month advert free part of package. Any ideas without trying to spend hours getting hold of Sky?!

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Paid £5 for advert free but it does not work. Trying to cancel. Any ideas please?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What service/app/show are you trying to fast forward the adverts on?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Debssy
Topic Author

Re: Paid £5 for advert free but it does not work. Trying to cancel. Any ideas please?

Hi. I have tried every one really. Maybe I am doing it wrong I'm not sure 🤔 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

So the fast forward doesn't work on the ItV X, channel 4, or My 5 Apps? Got to say I've not seen anyone have issues across all the apps before.

what about if you are watching a show slightly delayed, ie 10 minutes late and you have used the watch from start feature does the fast forward work then?

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Debssy  You need to continue with calling if you wish to cancel, have you read here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass  about how ad skipping works?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

You could try this and see if it fixes it otherwise I'd say continue trying to phone to remove it

1. Switch the device into standby
2. Unplug it for 30 seconds
3. Plug it back in
4. Leave the device powered on for 30 minutes
5. After 30 minutes put the device back into standby
6. Switch it off at the plug
7. Wait 10 seconds
8. Switch if back on at the plug
9. Press the home button on the remote
10. The device will boot up and you will see the Sky logo on the screen

NOT a Sky Employee

Actually I think you can remove it from the My Sky app.

Open the app, click on TV, scroll down to manage home setup, scroll down to ad skipping and it should say "already yours" click on that and it should show an option that says "remove ad skipping".  This seemingly invoked the 31 day cancellation period for that particular add-on. I think this works if you aren't getting a discount on the ad watching feature and are paying the standard £5/month.

NOT a Sky Employee

Debssy
Topic Author

That's great!  Thanks for your help 👍🏻 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Debssy wrote:

Trying to cancel the £5 per month advert free part of package.

Note that it is not and never has been advertised as providing 'advert free' viewing, and that skipping advertising on 'live' channels is impossible because the next portion of content hasn't been distributed at that time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Debssy
Topic Author

Thank you!  I did think this was strange when she told me when I signed up. Thank you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion