Discussion topic: Not gettjng a service i paid for.

This message was authored by Budge This message was authored by: Budge

Not gettjng a service i paid for.

So I was with sky for a few years and changed my package about a year ago but after looking through my account I relised I was paying for multi room which I did not have and because I agreed to buy it they won't refund me. Why should I pay for a service i never had ? I have now cancelled my as I am disgusted.... if I owed them money they would be all over me like a rash.... anybody else had the same issue ?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Not gettjng a service i paid for.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you ahve multscreen then why are you not getting it, can you explain more, do you not have a Sky Q mini or if you haven't do you use the Sky Go app and watch your Q box recordings back via it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Budge wrote:

after looking through my account I relised I was paying for multi room which I did not have and because I agreed to buy it they won't refund me. Why should I pay for a service i never had ?

Loan of a Q Mini box and the consequent Multiscreen (on Sky Q) was often included in Sky+ to Sky Q 'VIP Upgrades' to trigger a no-up-front-fee installation. 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Budge
Topic Author

I have no mini box and no sky app so never had multi room but because I asked for it alledgely then I pay for it..... according to the customer services ?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you asked them to cancel it when you last spoke to them as 31 day notice is needed to do this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Budge wrote:

I have no mini box and no sky app so never had multi room but because I asked for it alledgely then I pay for it..... according to the customer services ?

As I remember, a Sky Q Multiscreen (not multi room) unlocked other services even without a Mini box so there's no reason why an adviser would question why you subscribed.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Budge wrote:

@Budge as @Mark39 says years ago you had to have the Sky multiscreen subscription to be able to view in  UHD this was before Sky introduced the stand alone UHD subscription 

Could you have taken it out to view in UHD 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Budge
Topic Author

My tv would not take uhd so no I didn't...

They said I left it to late to get a refund but when going through the Big C it's the last thing you think about..(all clear now).

Budge
Topic Author

Well they have lost a customer and obviously don't care about it..... since that I have had 4 calls asking why I left sky and is there anything we can do..!!

You just couldn't write it...... feeling ripped off..!!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You haven't been ripped off. Not realising that you had inadvertently signed up to Multiscreen was your mistake. There's no reason for Sky to reimburse you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion