Discussion topic: Netflix account not linking to Sky

This message was authored by Bettyboo247 This message was authored by: Bettyboo247

Netflix account not linking to Sky

Hi, I got netflix as an add-on to my sky subscrition back in Julyand it was all working perfectly with Netflix recognising the my membership was now being paid by Sky. I've just checked my bank account and realised Netflix have been billing me since August - hence I've been billed by Netflix and Sky since August. Speaking to Netflix they say Sky cancelled my membership in August so are billing me directly. Sky said they didnt cancel and it's Netflix's problem. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place with both companies denying its their problem and no one able to a)rectify this so that Sky is now classed as paying for this on my netflix account again b) ensure the accounts are re-linked c) Offer some form of refund as I've been double paying due to Sky cancelling my Netflix subscription

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Netflix account not linking to Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bettyboo247  Although sky can apply billing for Netflix AIUI Netflix have ultimate responsibility has it's their product and account 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Bettyboo247
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bettyboo247 This message was authored by: Bettyboo247

Thanks @SKY1992bf . I keep getting the same answer from Netflix and sky - sky is saying they are being billed by Netflix for my subscription but Netflix says sky cancelled my membership and both keep passing me to the other 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Chrisee given your CA knowledge can you provide any additional information if I'm wrong in my understanding 

@Bettyboo247 has the billing been successfully switched moving forward?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Bettyboo247
Topic Author

Hi @SKY1992bf 

it was successfully switched in July and then cancelled in August (but don't know why ) and I can't get it switched back- so no the billing isn't fixed going forward 🙈

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Bettyboo247 realistically you are better hitting Sky as they have a staffed complaints team even though they are unlikely to be actualy at fault. I would complain in writing -its always better than phoning - making the points you made in your post but ensure you state that you consider this is an issue caused by a failure of communication between them and Netflix you are the innocent party who ended up paying the bill. I assume you have stopped the DD to Netflix?

These are the links How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Bettyboo247
Topic Author

Thanks @Chrisee @good advice I'll try in writing!

No I haven't stopped the DD as we'll lose our Netflix subscription (as they are saying sky not paying).

This message was authored by stewwrlfc This message was authored by: stewwrlfc

Were you able to get this resolved @Bettyboo247 ?

I have the exact same problem with it being previously billed through sky but then it being cancelled and now being billed directly.

I am now paying for netflix twice, via sky and directly the same as you were.

Hoping you might know how to resolve it.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion