Discussion topic: My bill is currently paid from a credit card which is now frozen and my next payment is due on 23/8

This message was authored by Shaned1 This message was authored by: Shaned1

My bill is currently paid from a credit card which is now frozen and my next payment is due on 23/8

My husband has recently died and I cannot find anyway to speak to a human to change this so I dont loose my broadband or I cant notify all the people I need to without this, Im not bothered about th TV and Talk side of things just the inernet.  I have tried changing the payment method but it tells me this will not apply to my current bill which is no good as presumably if the August bill is not paid I will lose this service. Please can anyone help me. Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My bill is currently paid from a credit card which is now frozen and my next payment is due on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is the Sky account in your name or your husband's?

Shaned1
Topic Author

Re: My bill is currently paid from a credit card which is now frozen and my next payment is due on

In my husbands name

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Sorry for your loss @Shaned1 

It may be beneficial to read this link

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/deceased-sky-account-holder

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky's help here explains how to get in touch: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/deceased-sky-account-holder

Mention the issue with this month;'s payment when you speak to Sky. 

If you have any further difficulty contacting Sky, do let us know here.

Shaned1
Topic Author

thank you I will read.

Shaned1
Topic Author

Thank you I will read.

Shaned1
Topic Author

Many thanks to you all for your quick response.  I spoke to a 'human' and told them my situation, they were able to amend my husbands details to mine in time for the next payment.  I will at least have the broadband to carry on informing people of his death.  I was not impressed with the somewhat 'heartless' way it was handled though, as not once did the male call handler acknowledge my husbands death, it was as if I just was opening an account for myself and not due to a bereavement.  A dedicated bereavement line or at least some better training to deal with cases like this would be a good idea.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion