Discussion topic: Minimum guaranteed broadband speed refund

This message was authored by DSkyUser This message was authored by: DSkyUser

Minimum guaranteed broadband speed refund

Hoping someone who has been through the refund process can help shed some light on this for me. 

I had 8 consecutive days of 94mbps on my download speed, resulting in breach of minimum download and after calling Sky they confirmed I had qualified for my months broadband money back and would be done that day (Monday). 

nothing came so called again yesterday and told the same thing but not refund which they advised is an instant refund and no waiting 3-5 working days. 

has anyone else been through this and confirm if they received any comms or timeframe of the refund?

Thanks in advance. 

Sky Q 1TB + Mini Box
Sky Superfast Broadband

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Minimum guaranteed broadband speed refund

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DSkyUser 

Probably important to understand that any such 'refund' is applied as a credit against the Sky Broadband account for use against future billing, not actual money sent to a bank account.

Speed Guarantee: If, after the first 14 days after activation, the download speed to your hub drops below your guaranteed minimum download speed, for three consecutive days or more, you can claim money back. You must be within your minimum term and can claim once within it. Money back will be 1 month’s Sky Broadband subscription (excluding Sky Talk and Sky Broadband Boost or Sky WiFi Max), minus any discounts or offers, credited to your Sky account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-fibre-speed-guarantee 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DSkyUser 

Probably important to understand that any such 'refund' is applied as a credit against the Sky Broadband account for use against future billing, not actual money sent to a bank account.

Speed Guarantee: If, after the first 14 days after activation, the download speed to your hub drops below your guaranteed minimum download speed, for three consecutive days or more, you can claim money back. You must be within your minimum term and can claim once within it. Money back will be 1 month’s Sky Broadband subscription (excluding Sky Talk and Sky Broadband Boost or Sky WiFi Max), minus any discounts or offers, credited to your Sky account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-fibre-speed-guarantee 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
DSkyUser
Topic Author
This message was authored by DSkyUser This message was authored by: DSkyUser

Ah, thank you so much! @TimmyBGood 

Is there anywhere within the Sky app to confirm it's been applied or just a case of keeping an eye on next bill?

Sky Q 1TB + Mini Box
Sky Superfast Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion