Discussion topic: Leaving Sky

This message was authored by ianinnes This message was authored by: ianinnes

Leaving Sky

I signed up for a new provider  as my contract with Sky was ending on 14/04/2024. I made sure that that Sky would receive the correct amount of notice, and that my new service would start on 15/04/2024.  On the same day that I signed up with new provider Sky sent me an email saying the usual 'Sorry to see you go etc and that my service would end on 15/04/2024'.

I then got what I thought would be my final bill from Sky, which covered my broadband 23/03/2024 -22/04/2024, which I didn't want to argue about. This bill was paid by Direct Debit near the end of March 2024.

When I logged into my Sky account I noticed Future Bills showed another bill for April 2024 showing I owed them £55 for sevices from 23 April - 22 May, and a further bill for May 2024 showing a credit for £52.

All phone calls to Sky  failed to convince them that I don't have broadband services with them.

Should I just ignore these bills and wait for them to take me to court?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Leaving Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ianinnes wrote:

I signed up for a new provider  as my contract with Sky was ending on 14/04/2024. I made sure that that Sky would receive the correct amount of notice, and that my new service would start on 15/04/2024.  On the same day that I signed up with new provider Sky sent me an email saying the usual 'Sorry to see you go etc and that my service would end on 15/04/2024'.

I then got what I thought would be my final bill from Sky, which covered my broadband 23/03/2024 -22/04/2024, which I didn't want to argue about. This bill was paid by Direct Debit near the end of March 2024.

When I logged into my Sky account I noticed Future Bills showed another bill for April 2024 showing I owed them £55 for sevices from 23 April - 22 May, and a further bill for May 2024 showing a credit for £52.

All phone calls to Sky  failed to convince them that I don't have broadband services with them.

Should I just ignore these bills and wait for them to take me to court?

That's correct. Billing continues right up to your last service date and as bills are generated 2 weeks prior to your billing date you will always be likely to overpay and will then see it credited to your account in the following month's bill, as you are seeing.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ianinnes 

Now that you have left and if you account has been closed correctly the overpayment should appear as a credit that can then be refunded to you however that 23rd Aprill bill will need to be paid first before this can happen as the bill itself would have been created on 9th April so when you were still with Sky. I would give it a week after that bill has been paid and if you still doesn't see the credit then contact Sky so they can loo into this for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ianinnes
Topic Author
This message was authored by ianinnes This message was authored by: ianinnes

I rañg Customer Service this morning and within 10 minutes it was all sorted. The agent listened to my tale and I asked him if Sky could use my credit bill to pay for latest bill  & to let me know the difference. He consulted his supervisor and then told me they would do this. Result is now that Sky will send me a cheque for £3.73.     Thanks to those that replied to my post

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion