Discussion topic: Ive paid £100 but on benefits but can i set up a payment plan for the remainder

This message was authored by Streetkirsty This message was authored by: Streetkirsty

Ive paid £100 but on benefits but can i set up a payment plan for the remainder

I've paid £100 on my sky account but noticed that u help people who are on universal  credit whem can I get my sky reinstated 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Ive paid £100 but on benefits but can i set up a payment plan for the remainder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Streetkirsty 
If your Sky services have been restricted (it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Also, any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday won’t be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

Once you’ve done all this you’ll be able to call Sky if you need to speak to an agent.

▪️

Once your payments are not in arrears you can be considered for the social tariff.

This link explains the process if you’re eligible for Sky Broadband Basics.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff
The Sky account holder needs to be claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income based Jobseekers Allowance or Income based Employment Support Allowance. These are the only qualifying benefits and in order for Sky to carry out checks with DWP they will need your NI number. The social tariff is for Sky Broadband Superfast 35 with an average download speed of 36Mb/s and the Sky Talk Pay As You Go tariff (ie: all calls are chargeable). It does not offer a discounted Sky Talk plan.
Broadband Basics is only available to customers who already have Sky Broadband and to add the Sky Mobile offer, you’ll need to be taking Sky Broadband Basics, and:
a) Already have Sky Mobile and a 3GB data plan.
b) Or you can add a new 3GB data plan with Sky Mobile.
If you are eligible you’ll need to call Sky to join. There is no equivalent offer for TV. The social tariff lasts 18 months and then reverts to the full cost but if you’re still eligible you will then need to re-apply.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Ive paid £100 but on benefits but can i set up a payment plan for the remainder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Streetkirsty  Service won't be restored until you pay the outstanding balance in full and setup a new continuous payment method 

the social tarrif only applies to broadband services and only the account holder can apply if they are in receipt of a qualifying benefit 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion