Discussion topic: Increase in Sky Signature

This message was authored by David+One This message was authored by: David+One

Increase in Sky Signature

I took out  an 18 month sky contract in April 2023. Finishes in October 2024.

Sky Signature (after discounts ) was £17.50.

This has now to increased to £19.25. I have requested an explanation from sky but just get the run around with no answers. Any one know why the increase bearing in mind I am still i9n contract?

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Increase in Sky Signature

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@David+One wrote:

I took out  an 18 month sky contract in April 2023. Finishes in October 2024.

Sky Signature (after discounts ) was £17.50.

This has now to increased to £19.25. I have requested an explanation from sky but just get the run around with no answers. Any one know why the increase bearing in mind I am still i9n contract?

that would be the annual RPI increase, regardless of whether you are in the middle of existing discount period.  By the way, you didn't "take out an 18 month contract", you entered a new 18 months discount period.  You are in a continuous contract until either you give 31 days notice to quit, or Sky cancel on you.

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@David+One 

Sky review and subsequently increase their prices once a year  normally in April. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Invisiblename wrote:

@David+One wrote:

This has now to increased to £19.25. I have requested an explanation from sky but just get the run around with no answers.

that would be the annual RPI increase, regardless of whether you are in the middle of existing discount period. 

Sky don't do RPI (that's a Virgin thing) and in the past have been more or less in line with CPI for the previous December. 

This year is somewhat different:

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/changes-to-our-tv-and-broadband-prices-in-2024 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Invisiblename wrote:

@David+One wrote:

This has now to increased to £19.25. I have requested an explanation from sky but just get the run around with no answers.

that would be the annual RPI increase, regardless of whether you are in the middle of existing discount period. 

Sky don't do RPI (that's a Virgin thing) and in the past have been more or less in line with CPI for the previous December. 

This year is somewhat different:

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/changes-to-our-tv-and-broadband-prices-in-2024 

I knew it was one of those 

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion